Thread: Makarov Frame Question

Makarov Frame Question

Does anyone have a Makarov that was made between 2006 and 2015 (excluding the 2012/13 PM grip models)?

If you do, would you mind checking to see if the frame has a seam along it like the lower pistol in the image below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CkE6uC56RLdWsktEA

I know the 'seam' came in at some point after 2005 and before 2015 but it would be nice to narrow it down a little. None of the PM frame pistols that I am aware of had the seam.

Thank you for looking.

John M
    Last edited by Josie & John; 16-01-2021 at 07:47 PM.

I'm resurrecting this thread as no-one replied and I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

So, to stop me feeling cancelled ; does anyone have a Makarov that was made between these dates than can answer my question on frame construction?

John M

I have a T08 which doesn't have that seam. (I'm down to one now unfortunately as I've just given the other to my son)

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    I have a T08 which doesn't have that seam. (I'm down to one now unfortunately as I've just given the other to my son)
    Hi Steve,

I am very grateful for your response as it all helps to build a better picture of the history of this classic little air pistol.

I'd love a T08 as I don't own one yet. I have a gap between T05 and T12, hence why I started this thread.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Hi John,

The one that I gave to my son is a T11 apparently and also doesn't have that seam.

Regards
    Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by steve medlock View Post
    Hi John,

The one that I gave to my son is a T11 apparently and also doesn't have that seam.

Regards
    Steve.
    Thank you Steve,

If you are ever able to post photos of either or both frames, I'll add them to my records as a reference.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22

Should be able to - what exactly would you want the photos to show?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The pistols' left side showing serial number and the underside of the frame lip and trigger guard, where the 'seam' can be seen on later pistols.

No rush.

Kind regards,

John

CannonFodder is offline Brown envelope round the back Squire...
    I have a T99 which doesn't have the seam, what does 'PM' stand for bye the way?

Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I have a T99 which doesn't have the seam, what does 'PM' stand for bye the way?
    As per my reply to your PM, it is Russian for Pistolet Makarova or Makarov Pistol when anglicised.

Kind regards,

John