Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hens Teeth

Hens Teeth

Not asking much, just need a CO2 cylinder for this

Thats a good swap.

Good luck with your search.

Have you PMd VOOMA on here? He does have his uses.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Thats a good swap.

Good luck with your search.

Have you PMd VOOMA on here? He does have his uses.

Not holding my breath I J and I can see why they wear straight jackets, must be mad to buy such ugly things Did a search on here for VOOMA, so I could pm, but the search engine sent me packing???

if you have the spec of it a replacement can be made i expect

Binners,

Try searching for zooma.

Part looks to be part number '2488183' ?

https://www.carl-walther.com/fileadm..._2490544_c.pdf

You could try giving Mr. Chris Lacey a call - he often visits the Walther works ?

https://laceysshootingservices.weebly.com/

He got me very rare part for my LG90, that was unobtainable from anywhere else.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    Last edited by PhatMan; 02-09-2020 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Not holding my breath I J and I can see why they wear straight jackets, must be mad to buy such ugly things Did a search on here for VOOMA, so I could pm, but the search engine sent me packing???
    Ooops - Blonde moment. Sorry - it is, of course, the one and only (thank God )

ZOOMA
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Co2

You could try Mark Davis (MarkD) on here as he has certainly had these rifles in the past and may have a spare cylinder, good luck.

Thanks to IJ and some assistance from PhatMan (to correct IJ's smelin mistook) Binners has been able to contact me by email and I have replied - hopefully with some information that could help him find a suitable Walther CO2 cylinder for his magnificent match rifle.

I always did like the Walther GG90 CO2 match rifles - but I know that the longer length CO2 cylinders are a "bit thin on the ground" and are not so easy to find as the Walther CO2 pistol cylinders.

The scarcity of these "rifle length" CO2 cylinders is quite well known, and I have been offered a CG90 in the past with a pistol cylinder fitted as these are a lot easier to find and will still hold enough CO2 to give quite a few shots. This is not quite as daft as it may at first appear because CO2 runs at a lower pressure than air and gives lots more shots for a similar volume - so it would actually work reasonably well - but the steel CO2 cylinders are quite heavy and so a shorter pistol length substitute would noticeably change the balance of the rifle - possibly for the better!

Please don't ask IJ about his CO2 cylinder charging technique/experience/success unless you have a lot of spare time and no other ambition for the next few years of your life.

Both the Walther CO2 rifle and pistol cylinder share the same fitting, but a suitable socket (fitted to a long shaft) would be needed to tighten or remove a pistol cylinder if it was fitted inside the rifle cylinder tunnel as it would be very difficult without a tool like this. Welding a socket onto a steel shaft would make a suitable tool.

Hope this helps too!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Have tried all the above and Lawrie spoke to Mark too, I'll give it a bit longer before I get the angle grinder to it

Was good in its day

CO2 cylinder

Hi,
    I have a spare one for my LG90... never use it so arrange a courier and you can have it for a donation to one of the cancer charitys...

Regards Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by shanksey55 View Post
    Hi,
    I have a spare one for my LG90... never use it so arrange a courier and you can have it for a donation to one of the cancer charitys...

Regards Steve...

WoW
    I had started to lose hope Steve.
    As for the donation, the timing could not be better. Our Autumn Fair at Kempton is our Charity event, last year we raised £1,800 for Cancer Research UK. This year we have chosen Macmillan Cancer Support and have already got £150 in the pot before we start.
    I do not disclose our personal donation, but will pm you for a chat tomorrow
    Thank you
    Peter

What a great ending to a good thread.

Well done!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

CO2 cylinder

No problem...

It is of course a CG90...
    Steve..

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    What a great ending to a good thread.

Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by shanksey55 View Post
    No problem...

It is of course a CG90...
    Steve..
    Great ending indeed from a very grateful old collector. A very generous and charitable gesture.
    Thank you