Thread: Crosmaniac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crosmaniac

I think I like Crosmans. There's something about em.
    The 187 with casette trigger mechanism is becoming a favourite. Ideal for indoor plinking on one click of the hammer.
    Thanks again to Lawries excellent valve resealing.

Nice collection of classic Crosmans you have there.

I've never seem a Crosman 187 before, they look very nice Louis, a bit like the 400 but without the magazine -- nice looking elm stocks too.

This mania is doing well in the US as DT Fletcher’s collection is being sold here in the last few months. I have been able to buy a few of his guns. He tried to collect every variant of the 150 pistol. I was hoping he had a first series JC Higgins which I did end up grabbing. It may be the rarest variant as it was made for a very short time and had some unique features that I think make it the nicest 150 ever made. Two piece barrel and breach, gray Kringle paint on base and cover plate, gray spacer under barrel. (Only 150 with a spacer). Especially nice for me since Dean answered so many questions for me as I was started out collecting, on this forum and others.

Here is the series of pics:

https://imgur.com/a/ZNWrSK0

I agree. Earlyish Crosmans have a lot going for them. In the 60s in particular they produced some great designs
    Morally flawed

That is an enviable collection there Louis. I too have a soft spot for 1950s-60s Crosmans.

John

Yes excellent set! The rifles are awesome. My early Crosman set for now are the 111 & 116. Have not shot them as the fill tank is missing (They are not taking the standard CO2 cartridges). Nice pistols however:

Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana