Thread: Crosmaniac

Crosmaniac

I think I like Crosmans. There's something about em.
    The 187 with casette trigger mechanism is becoming a favourite. Ideal for indoor plinking on one click of the hammer.
    Thanks again to Lawries excellent valve resealing.

Nice collection of classic Crosmans you have there.

I've never seem a Crosman 187 before, they look very nice Louis, a bit like the 400 but without the magazine -- nice looking elm stocks too.

This mania is doing well in the US as DT Fletcher’s collection is being sold here in the last few months. I have been able to buy a few of his guns. He tried to collect every variant of the 150 pistol. I was hoping he had a first series JC Higgins which I did end up grabbing. It may be the rarest variant as it was made for a very short time and had some unique features that I think make it the nicest 150 ever made. Two piece barrel and breach, gray Kringle paint on base and cover plate, gray spacer under barrel. (Only 150 with a spacer). Especially nice for me since Dean answered so many questions for me as I was started out collecting, on this forum and others.

Here is the series of pics:

https://imgur.com/a/ZNWrSK0

I agree. Earlyish Crosmans have a lot going for them. In the 60s in particular they produced some great designs
    Morally flawed

That is an enviable collection there Louis. I too have a soft spot for 1950s-60s Crosmans.

John

Yes excellent set! The rifles are awesome. My early Crosman set for now are the 111 & 116. Have not shot them as the fill tank is missing (They are not taking the standard CO2 cartridges). Nice pistols however:

Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

Thank you gents and sorry for my late reply. Holidays in France - one tends to forget about most things when enjoying a glass or two of burgundy wine.

That's a nice bulk fill Crosman pistol Zuke. Thank you for sharing.

@Allan, yes I like the 187 too. The 400 is nice but I have not yet found pellets that don't jam. A friend of mine advised me to use Gamo Pro Match. Apparently that is exactly the right size, no jams at all. The loading mechanism of the 400 is beautiful to see in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgz69t83fIA

I think these Crosmans are the best.
    Wish I hadn't sold my Cap Chur Model 50, even though there are no wild buffaloes to dart in Amsterdam.

I use Crosman Match Wadcutters and Webley Verminpells in my 400's which, along with Gamo Ball, work well although they do occasionally jam.

Thanks for the heads up on the Gamo Pro Match pellets -- I will give them a try.

I’ve had no jams with Crosman Match, if that helps
    Morally flawed

Lovely Crosman's. It's difficult to believe they are from the same company, no plastic in sight!

It would be nice if Crosman resurrected these models but sadly they would struggle against the chinese clones.

A variety of designs meant a ton of sales!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Some nice guns here lads, keep 'em coming...