Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamo Viper Express... an air shotgun

Gamo Viper Express... an air shotgun

Hi Chaps,

I am asking this on here as this tends to be where the more mechanical types and mad scientists hang out. I almost bought a Gamo Viper express (obviously destined for classic status) and wondered if anyone has one? Where they any good and can the shells be bought or reloaded? I believe that Pyramid air in the US still have them..... what did they sell like here?

Has the idea of an air shotgun been tried before? I have seen an advert for a Daisy side by side kids gun (would like to see one of those!) but it was probably just for bbs.

Any notes on this quirk of nature would be appreciated.

Daisy double barrel shotgun

My father brought one of these for me from the US in the mid 1960s. Looked like a traditional side by side with double triggers, but child sized. The magazine tubes unscrewed for the muzzle end, or may have been bayonet fittings, long time since I saw it! Each side held 20 BBs, breaking the gun cocked both sides and gave two shots, one from each side. Very low powered, swapped it for something else years ago.
    Now Wish I hadn't !
    There was a thread on air shotguns recently, seems shot loads are ok, but they can also fire solid balls, which put them in FAC territory!
    HTH David

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thanks David I will look for the thread regarding air shotguns. I believe the Daisy shotgun is very collectable?

In case of interest:

http://cinedux.com/crosman-model-110...o2-shotgun.php

Someone offered a PCP air shotgun very briefly here in the 90s. I forget the name. I think it was based on a Titan action.

U.K. importers of the Crosman 2100 multi-pump around the same time pushed it as the “Triple Strike” “air shotgun” because you could load and fire 3 bbs at once.

There was also the 1980s Yewha:

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005...t-5-the-yewha/

Oh yes I vaguely remember an advert for the one that fired 3 bbs... wonder if they sold many? As rare items will they ever be collectable? I assume they will as the build quality on the Daisy can't be terrific yet they seem sought after

Did they shoot pellets aswell ?
    I remember being intrigued when I first saw one,
    Nice looking gun too.
    There's a case of 25 shells on the popular auction site , I've no idea if they can be reloaded/packed though.
    Last edited by El Garro; 26-09-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    Rust never sleeps !

They sold loads of 2100s, at least in the US, because it was just a multi-pump like any other, rifled barrel and capable of shooting pellets. And it’s pretty easy to fire 3 bbs out of any of them if they use a magnetic probe on the bolt, which most of them do/did.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    Did they shoot pellets aswell ?
    I remember being intrigued when I first saw one,
    Nice looking gun too.
    There's a case of 25 shells on the popular auction site , I've no idea if they can be reloaded/packed though.
    Got an item number?

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The Daisy 21 from the late 60s and it’s very rare predecessor the late 30s model 104, was indeed just a BB gun that looked like a SyS shotgun. Both were only made for a couple of years. But they have for many years captured the attention of collectors. Rarity, an interesting and distinctive mechanism and style, and many people just think they are just ‘cool’.
    Last edited by Geezer; 26-09-2021 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Remembered the 104 as well as the 21

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Got an item number?

Dave
    It's 194340504236 .
    I presume they're the right type ?
    Rust never sleeps !

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    In case of interest:

http://cinedux.com/crosman-model-110...o2-shotgun.php

Someone offered a PCP air shotgun very briefly here in the 90s. I forget the name. I think it was based on a Titan action.

U.K. importers of the Crosman 2100 multi-pump around the same time pushed it as the “Triple Strike” “air shotgun” because you could load and fire 3 bbs at once.

There was also the 1980s Yewha:

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2005...t-5-the-yewha/
    Yes it was called the Ultra with the Titan action.

Yes I have one. Actually both the Viper Express and the later Shadow DX Express.
    Well, theyre pretty 'useless' for anything else but very closerange (6yrds maybe 10) plinking.
    And thats the Dutch version, so dunno how much Ftp they do originally, but not limited in power. Its NOT a huntingtool.
    The breechseals are a real pain in the .ss Because the shells dont have support all around, the breachseal in messed up on one side. I usually change seals every box of shells because of that. Some make alternative seal of harder matererial to fix this.
    Havent used it with pellet adapter. Its a smoothbore.
    Yes shells can be reloaded. Check youtube. Lots of videos there. But havent seen any that perform much better than original. Its not necessary either, theyre still available new (here anyway).
    I used them to thrash CDs of similar stuff at very close range. Thats fun. Wear glasses though, the shot will bounce back. But mostly it has 'collectors' value.
    It had a brother, the Viper Skeet, with normal barrel , in both .177 and .22 barrel and and reddot.
    And yes there have been many more air shotguns. From Crosman, Seneca and other brands. But CO2 or PCP.
    ATB,
    yana

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Yes it was called the Ultra with the Titan action.
    just looked in the Blue book of airguns and it is called the Ultishot not Ultra as l said before. previous trademark of Ultimate force in England and the manufacturer of the Ultishot air shotgun designed by Luke Cammilleri and Mark McManus of M erseyside