Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossman trapmaster co2 shotgun

Thats one way out of answering an awkward question !

No license required

I spoke to Mick today

He said “no certificates required “
    Last edited by Lee5159; 28-07-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee5159 View Post
    I spoke to Mick today

He said “no certificates required “
    Surely if Mick said you don’t need any certificates for it then he must be right?

Surely if Mick said you don’t need any certificates for it then he must be right?
    For me the question is “how likely is it a jury in the crown court would agree with that sentence”

I think the answer is “not very”
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    For me the question is “how likely is it a jury in the crown court would agree with that sentence”

I think the answer is “not very”
    As you may know Mick “Mick’s guns” is an RFD he knows what he’s talking about he also wouldn’t sell one without if needed

This was take from another thread
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    I tried out a Crosman 1100 Trapmaster around 89.
    It worked pretty well....Bulk fill not disimilar looking to a 2100 pumper but with real wood forend which did not pump but simply hid the bulk fill tube inside....screw nozzle to front of tube ..
    It could take a low or hig feed of bb....pattern was pretty good.....about 8 inch to 12 inch across at 15 yards and the balls making 4 ftlb or so .....perhaps the odd bird at close ranges but not rabbits...
    The guy who owned it had successfully dropped a few squirrel cleanly at usual tree ranges and a rat.
    I think perfect placement pellet at 11 ftlbs saw it off really....lots of shot wasted in one shot i think...and gas illegal here back then...
    Never resurfaced after gas legalised here.
    Originally Posted by Geezer
    According to the interweb, the Crosman Trapmaster 1100, loaded with a single projectile, makes anything from 23 to 40+ ft/lbs, so definitely FAC territory.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    im pretty sure you will find that was the collective power of the entire mass of shot run past the usual velocity equation....coming out big numbers because of the entire weight in grains of the collective.
    In reality quite anemic, each shot running around 4.3 ftlbs or so at 15 yards..
    Still a useful tool though.
    The shot pattern matched that of a 410 out to be about 15 yds or so and plenty capable of dusting down a Starling if you could raise your bead on him with the right lead..as per usual with a 410

. As you may know Mick “Mick’s guns” is an RFD he knows what he’s talking about he also wouldn’t sell one without if needed
    Sure. But personally I’ve got no interest in finding out if a court agrees with him, with my liberty and ability to own any sort of firearm as the stakes vs owning a CO2 shotgun

My understanding from earlier posts was it is capable of firing a solid ball in a readily available calibre and if it did it would be well over 12 ftlbs. If that’s right I would not want to be caught with one. It would be irrelevant that you had no intention to use it like that.
    Last edited by Jerry Cornelius; 29-07-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    Morally flawed

As you may know Mick “Mick’s guns” is an RFD he knows what he’s talking about he also wouldn’t sell one without if needed

This was take from another thread

Originally Posted by Geezer
    According to the interweb, the Crosman Trapmaster 1100, loaded with a single projectile, makes anything from 23 to 40+ ft/lbs, so definitely FAC territory.
    As the Trapmaster is a smooth bore, it could easily go on a shotgun cert, not an FAC, if it needed too!

These were being sold by a dealer at Kempton recently off ticket.

i've been offered a few over the years and i've always classed them as too grey to take the risk without a ticket
    i am tempted to re barrel one i've been offered with a .22 or .177 so it still takes a plastic shell or make some brass carts like the umarex saa

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Given that it's fairly common knowledge that these produce comfortably in excess of 12 ft/lbs and any argument over measuring single or multiple projectiles is moot as the Trapmasters had solid ball ammo as a factory option (thus ticking the 'capable' box)...I'd suggest in this case Mick is talking out of his arse, RFD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I'd suggest in this case Mick is talking out of his arse, RFD or not.
    I take it you think the other sellers at kempton who was selling trapmasters without ticket are talking out of there arse as well?

I take it you think the other sellers at kempton who was selling trapmasters without ticket are talking out of there arse as well?
    What has the location got to do with legality?
    Do you have any evidence over 12 ft/lb airguns are legal then? If so, please show me the exclusion... I'm genuinely interested.

With its original factory load of small shot, it makes 17ft-lbs for the whole load (but not for any individual pellet, obviously).

Unmodified, with a single projectile of 9mm diameter, it makes 23 or so ft-lbs.

Modified, same goes of course for any CO2/PCP gun, up to 40.

It is a smoothbore.

It has a 28” barrel.

Study the the rules on low-power airguns, S2 shotguns, S1 guns.

Then draw your own conclusions.

Mine is that I would rather not own one off ticket.

Exactly, and I'd have thought that ANY dealer selling one off ticket was highly irresponsible and potentially breaking the law.

I have some dust shot .22 projectiles somewhere and have used them in my sub-12lbs FWB Sport in the distant past, even though if I added up the ME of each tiny ball, it may come to over 12 ft/lbs. The dust shot is so obviously less potentially harmful than a single pellet that I have complete confidence that nobody would ever suggest they rendered the rifle illegal.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I have some dust shot .22 projectiles somewhere and have used them in my sub-12lbs FWB Sport in the distant past, even though if I added up the ME of each tiny ball, it may come to over 12 ft/lbs. The dust shot is so obviously less potentially harmful than a single pellet that I have complete confidence that nobody would ever suggest they rendered the rifle illegal.
    Yes but I’m not sure that’s the point. Perhaps naively I tend to think our laws will mostly be enforced sensibly. I mean, if you took any mainstream springer running close to 12ftlbs I guess we can all think of a few ways it could be tipped over, but, unless you are actually found with the bottle of ether in hand I don’t think there is any chance a police force is going to try to do you. Likewise with your FWB.

The point with these things is, used exactly as designed and advertised , they are over the limit and apparently well over. I don’t think dust shot comes into it because of the solid ammo.
    Morally flawed