Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crossman trapmaster co2 shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    As the Trapmaster is a smooth bore, it could easily go on a shotgun cert, not an FAC, if it needed too!

These were being sold by a dealer at Kempton recently off ticket.
    At least this one is easy to answer (from Firearms act ‘68):

3)This section applies to every firearm except—

[F1(a)a shot gun within the meaning of this Act, that is to say a smooth-bore gun (not being an air gun), etc…

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Yes but I’m not sure that’s the point. Perhaps naively I tend to think our laws will mostly be enforced sensibly. I mean, if you took any mainstream springer running close to 12ftlbs I guess we can all think of a few ways it could be tipped over, but, unless you are actually found with the bottle of ether in hand I don’t think there is any chance a police force is going to try to do you. Likewise with your FWB.

The point with these things is, used exactly as designed and advertised , they are over the limit and apparently well over. I don’t think dust shot comes into it because of the solid ammo.
    Yes, I suppose it comes down to who is going to enforce the law and when.

Almost any modern air rifle, as you suggest, is 'capable' of exceeding the legal limit, just as an air cane is a wallhanger right up until you pump and load it.

The law is rarely tested on people deemed 'respectable' without good reason - until it is one day by a bloody-minded copper, of which there are undoubtedly a few.

There but for the grace of God go all of us!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Perhaps let sleeping dogs lie, for the tiny number of these in the UK, in the hands of collectors, I can't see there being any issue, that should be highlighted and drawn attention too.

What are the prices for these in uk, eg at kempston ?

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Perhaps let sleeping dogs lie, for the tiny number of these in the UK, in the hands of collectors, I can't see there being any issue, that should be highlighted and drawn attention too.
    Indeed. If you put your head over the parapet, someone will take a shot at it! Discretion should be the watchword?