Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self loading rifled CO2 pistols?

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!

Self loading rifled CO2 pistols?

Got all I want in airgun types except for a blowback self-loading CO2 pistol. That would bring back memories of shooting full-bore before the pistol ban.

I know the Crosman single-shots are good and cheap but they wouldn't scratch the itch.

A bike must handle better than me, an airgun must be more accurate than me. Experience of cheap BB guns has not been good. Is there a moderately good lead pellet one which will self-load, self cock and shoot accurately? Or do they all shoot BB?
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Drulov DU-10 would fill the bill nicely if you are looking for a target style gun. 5 shot. Works well with flat nose pellets.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Crosman 600 10 x shot semi auto in .22. The 677 is a semi-auto in .177 with smooth bore but you can fit a rifled barrel to it.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 21-09-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Crosman 600 10 x shot semi auto in .22. The 677 is a semi-auto in .177 with smooth bore but you can fit a rifled barrel to it.
    The Drulov DU-10 looks wonderful but it's not a fun plinker. A gun would need to be more acurate tha me but that's not a big ask.

The .22 rifled looks really interesting and fits my wants but I expect it's rare and expensive. Crosman really are a good outfit.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

I had a Crosman 600 on loan a while back.
    Very powerful (possibly too powerful) and when the gas ran low it had a habit of running full auto until the magazine was empty.
    Not really a target gun.

If you dont include target pistols like FWB, Steyr, Drulov etc,
    The Umarex desert eagle is probably the only self cocking semi automatic co2 pistol thats shoots pellets from a rifled barrel.

Youtube reviews claims it to be accurate, but how accurate is difficult to say, as I have my doubts about youtube testers and their pistol shooting skills.

It is accurate
    It is also cumbersome

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    ... also cumbersome
    The Umarex Desert Eagle mentioned above would seem to suit my wants Thanks for the suggestion. It's fairly long and according to youtube, weighty. Long means good distance between rear-sight and fore-sight, weight should help with steadyness when shooting. They are not cheap. But why cumbersome?

A bit of faff is not a bad thing considering these guns use a lot of CO2. Faff would extend the shooting session time. Not wham bam thank you Mam.

For cheap there's the Gamo PT85. A small CO2 blowback rifled pellet pistol with white dot sights. One dealer I spoke to said they don't sell them because of faulty returns. That's why I've not bought one (yet?). I wonder whether that's the real reason. It could well be. You get what you pay for. But I'm not looking for perfection, just a bit of accuracy and fun.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

The Umarex Desert Eagle is not self-loading, just a self-cocking blowback that relies on the trigger pull to rotate the magazine, and it's also Umarex

The only thing that fits your bill is the Crosman 600, and I believe Baz has a couple for sale at around £250

I very much doubt you will ever regret buying one

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly bob View Post
    The Umarex Desert Eagle is not self-loading, just a self-cocking blowback that relies on the trigger pull to rotate the magazine, and it's also Umarex
    So the striker/hammer is cocked by the blowback, but the trigger rotates the magazine?

Money no object the Steyr LP5/50 is a seriously impressive bit of kit - I had one with a custom silencer adapter and burr walnut detachable buttstock which did for dozens of rats around the chicken pens way back in the day.

5 shots in a couple of seconds, one of the guns I genuinely regret selling.

I now have a Browning Buckmark rifle in .22lr which scratches the same itch but with a bit more poke

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    So the striker/hammer is cocked by the blowback, but the trigger rotates the magazine?
    Same as the Glock dual ammo I think?

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Correct. Semi-auto pistols, that is to say those that chamber the next shot by putting it into the breech, are illegal in the UK

The Crosman, Steyr, and Drulov escape the ban because the pellets fire from the magazine not the breech

A highly technical point, that has caused controversy, because in effect they act as semi-auto

And very nice they are too

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Another vote for the Crosman 600. Addictive noisy fun! Reasonably accurate and devastating used for fast fire competitions! (UBC speed challenge springs to mind )
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Aeron B96... Very accurate, self-cocking and self indexing 5 shot linear mag.

But like all the pistols mentioned so far, they are not 'blowbacks' in so much as there are no slides flying back like traditional autoloading firearms.