Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Self loading rifled CO2 pistols?

Self loading rifled CO2 pistols

I have used a Steyr LP50 for Olympic rapid fire at 25m and it is excellent, that’s 5 targets with a 50mm inner at 25 m in 10, 6 and4 seconds from pistol down. But obviously not CO2, I have an Aeron b96, good gun and good fun very accurate but does have a tendency to go full auto if someone has “tuned” the action (usually trigger to light). I also have a Drulov which is great as it’s compact in shape and handles like a proper pistol, but can be pellet sensitive, leading to full auto. And then we come to my latest purchase a Crosman 600, it meets all your criteria plus it makes a lot of noise and while the others are efficient and precise the 600 is a handful of grin. The downside to the 600 it is a gas hog, 30 shots is it for a CO2 bulb, that’s 3 10 shot reloads and you get through a tin of pellets really quickly.
    The good news is that they made loads and they come up for sale fairly regularly and compared to a Steyr lp 50 they’re cheap. Go on you know you want to. 😉

Antoni is online now There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgibbar View Post
    Go on you know you want to. ��
    Seals holding back high pressure gas sometimes at extremely low temperatures in a complicated and very old gun. What could possibly go wrong?

But yes. I do.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Not much to be fair
    Also unlike modern offerings they can be repaired

Here's another vote for the Crosman 600, they're grrrrreat, and if fitted with a longer barrel adapted for a silencer, they're even grrrreater, and quieter too.

https://i.postimg.cc/YCCjkLxZ/600-Walnut-Grips-1.jpg

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I had both a B96 and a Crosman 600.
    The B96 was serviced and sorted by Bob at Checkmate guns and ran super efficiently, but it was the Crosman I've kept as it's just soooooo much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Here's another vote for the Crosman 600, they're grrrrreat, and if fitted with a longer barrel adapted for a silencer, they're even grrrreater, and quieter too.

https://i.postimg.cc/YCCjkLxZ/600-Walnut-Grips-1.jpg

Why would you want to make one quieter?

I do like those grips though

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly bob View Post
    Why would you want to make one quieter?

I do like those grips though
    To avoid upsetting the neighbours.

The grips were made for me by Andy Davies, Airgunner.177
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 16-10-2020 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Co2 pistol

FWB C55 Superb. but scarce

Safety wise I'm not a great fan of the C600 (although I've had buckets full of them in the past) as you can't readily empty the magazine and the loading gate before storage after use. This means when stored in the original box (or otherwise) if a user loops their fingers around the trigger to help pick them up this could result in an accidental discharge (unless the hammer spring pressure is released before boxing). In addition, I've got little confidence in trigger blocking safety catches (although that is a very generalised comment applying to loads of other air guns). The C600 is a dreadful gas guzzler but a lot of fun in use (provided that it's been set up properly, otherwise very finickity in my opinion). They keep their price well in my experience.

For me, an item that doesn't fire from the barrel with a removeable magazine is the way to go, and as 10/10 suggested, the C55 is a fantastically well made item and lots of fun, but almost impossible to find these days and pricey to boot.

It all comes down to budget and expectations, but I believe that there are reasonable priced BB firers available and I've known of people shooting these at reasonable ranges and getting really good results.

Vic Thompson.

Crikey, never known anyone put a 600 away that still had gas and pellets in. You most certainly can easily empty the magazine - into a target - about three times. If you have resisted the temptation to have a total blast, and want to get stingy about gas, then it is not too difficult to empty the magazine and feed arm using something like a cocktail stick

But that seems to me a sad way to use a 600

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly bob View Post
    Crikey, never known anyone put a 600 away that still had gas and pellets in. You most certainly can easily empty the magazine - into a target - about three times. If you have resisted the temptation to have a total blast, and want to get stingy about gas, then it is not too difficult to empty the magazine and feed arm using something like a cocktail stick

But that seems to me a sad way to use a 600
    Totally agree

Lawrie

Self loading rifled CO2 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrie Amatruda View Post
    Totally agree

Lawrie
    It doesn’t usually go away till I have run out of pellets or CO2 so completely safe 😉