Safety wise I'm not a great fan of the C600 (although I've had buckets full of them in the past) as you can't readily empty the magazine and the loading gate before storage after use. This means when stored in the original box (or otherwise) if a user loops their fingers around the trigger to help pick them up this could result in an accidental discharge (unless the hammer spring pressure is released before boxing). In addition, I've got little confidence in trigger blocking safety catches (although that is a very generalised comment applying to loads of other air guns). The C600 is a dreadful gas guzzler but a lot of fun in use (provided that it's been set up properly, otherwise very finickity in my opinion). They keep their price well in my experience.

For me, an item that doesn't fire from the barrel with a removeable magazine is the way to go, and as 10/10 suggested, the C55 is a fantastically well made item and lots of fun, but almost impossible to find these days and pricey to boot.

It all comes down to budget and expectations, but I believe that there are reasonable priced BB firers available and I've known of people shooting these at reasonable ranges and getting really good results.

Vic Thompson.