Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Premier question

Webley Premier question

I believe the later B onwards has the ptfe piston seal but can the piston come out like the senior or is it like the tempest requiring a trigger strip down?

Thank you
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by accused View Post
    I believe the later B onwards has the ptfe piston seal but can the piston come out like the senior or is it like the tempest requiring a trigger strip down?

Thank you

No trigger removal needed. Strips just like all the steel bodied models

Thank you in that case I want one!
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -

Thank you in that case I want one!

Only ONE! ????????????????????????????

Well you know how these things go, its a start!

Got to catch them all........😎

Thats a nice one!

Thumbs up

I quite like the Prems as does IJ

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Nice, has the bottom one got a tempest barrel?

has the bottom one got a tempest barrel?
    The bottom pistol is a Premier MkII. Built with an aluminium body and steel air tube. it was the pre-curser to the Hurricane/Tempest line and that type of barrel was standard on most of that model over the 2 short years of it's production life. Probably the worst examples of Webley workmanship that anyone will ever encounter

Ah I see I noticed it looked different, I will get a Premier at some point to join my Senior and Tempest, my Tempest shoots better but the Senior is just better made

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    The bottom pistol is a Premier MkII. Built with an aluminium body and steel air tube. it was the pre-curser to the Hurricane/Tempest line and that type of barrel was standard on most of that model over the 2 short years of it's production life. Probably the worst examples of Webley workmanship that anyone will ever encounter
    I'm guessing you have never had the 'pleasure' of owning an early Hawk Mk 2? My nearly new example back in the day broke it's stock, replaced by Webley. It also had issues with the trigger, safety catch, piston rings...Owned most post war Webley pistols, never bought a rifle from them made after the Hawk.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Bought my premier E series boxed when I was 17 for a tenner (37 years ago!) I put a tr robb ptfe seal and new spring in not long after I bought it, still knocks out over 3fpe. Great usuable pistol. I totally agree with above comment about the hawk mk2 I've had mine since I was 11 and has every possible mod done to get it shooting ok. My dad went mad when he saw me pushing the safety catch it to make it fire, I thought it was a feature!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I totally agree with above comment about the hawk mk2 I've had mine since I was 11 and has every possible mod done to get it shooting ok. My dad went mad when he saw me pushing the safety catch it to make it fire, I thought it was a feature!!!
    Yes, mine did that - I used to call it the match trigger! Stock broke, replaced by Webley, trigger/piston rings wore out, had virtually all the internals replaced.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Hi guys, not been on for some time, medical and assorted reasons. Just a quick reply to the guys ref Hawk Mk 2. Chances are I probably repaired your guns; I was senior repair airgunsmith in the 70's. Sadly these guns were made to suit accountant directors. I eventually left due to constant arguments about quality and design. The reason the stocks broke so often was that blank layout per plank was changed; proper layout gave 3 stocks per plank with strength through the pistol grip; said director insisted on a new layout giving 4 stocks per plank, to increase profit, but with no strenth in the grip. The trigger was abysmal and two of us did a decent design, but it cost a few pence more so it was dumped, cost again.
    Sorry guys