Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Premier question

I have got one over here and it is indeed a shadow of all the beauty & quality Webley has been delivering for so many years.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana

Re Hawk Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by abellringer View Post
    Hi guys, not been on for some time, medical and assorted reasons. Just a quick reply to the guys ref Hawk Mk 2. Chances are I probably repaired your guns; I was senior repair airgunsmith in the 70's. Sadly these guns were made to suit accountant directors. I eventually left due to constant arguments about quality and design. The reason the stocks broke so often was that blank layout per plank was changed; proper layout gave 3 stocks per plank with strength through the pistol grip; said director insisted on a new layout giving 4 stocks per plank, to increase profit, but with no strenth in the grip. The trigger was abysmal and two of us did a decent design, but it cost a few pence more so it was dumped, cost again.
    Sorry guys
    Not your fault! My early Hawk Mk 2 broke at the pistol grip after a few months of ownership - it had been bought nearly new as a b'day prez for my 15th back in the day. Webley replaced the stock, the 'new' one was different, less of an angle on the grip, noticeably wider.
    The accountant directors responsible are the reason I have never bought a later Webley rifle than the Hawk.

Interestingly, am really pleased with the performance of the later Webley pistols I own, Hurricanes/Tempest. Much better than the Junior/Mk 1/Seniors/Premiers I've owned

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Hi guys, not been on for some time, medical and assorted reasons. Just a quick reply to the guys ref Hawk Mk 2. Chances are I probably repaired your guns; I was senior repair airgunsmith in the 70's. Sadly these guns were made to suit accountant directors. I eventually left due to constant arguments about quality and design. The reason the stocks broke so often was that blank layout per plank was changed; proper layout gave 3 stocks per plank with strength through the pistol grip; said director insisted on a new layout giving 4 stocks per plank, to increase profit, but with no strenth in the grip. The trigger was abysmal and two of us did a decent design, but it cost a few pence more so it was dumped, cost again.
    Sorry guys
    Pleased to see you back on here and hoping things are getting better for you.

Geezer, thanks for that, just finished radiotherapy for prostate cancer; I now have to wait while my body recovers, then tests and consult. It's a waiting game, but I'd urge every guy over 60 to ask for a PSA test; I had no symptoms, but my test came back with problems, so please guys if you're in the older age bracket please insist on a test.

Geezer, thanks for that, just finished radiotherapy for prostate cancer; I now have to wait while my body recovers, then tests and consult. It's a waiting game, but I'd urge every guy over 60 to ask for a PSA test; I had no symptoms, but my test came back with problems, so please guys if you're in the older age bracket please insist on a test.
    Very good advice, Ray.

Especially now, let’s all look after our health.