Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erma elg 10. Webley ranger.

Erma elg 10. Webley ranger.

As above at holts auction 7/8 September. What appeared to be a nice condition, the Erma Webley sold for £480 hammer plus commission About £624.I did put in a bid but went to high for me having already got one.Webley mk2 service rifles made £400 each (2) plus comm.£520 not to bad i suppose.
    Incidentally the Erma was described as a EM-GE.

Erma elg 10. Webley ranger.

Overpriced in my book, I bid also I was willing to go £430-£450 including fees but as already stated went well over, makes me think sometimes if people realise the extras on top of the hammer price
    as a lot at auction go for crazy money. Especially with Holts online bidding you don't realy know what your getting. I'v had a few items described as mint collectors condition which have turned out to be fair to good in my book. Occasionally thoe I'v got a greatt piece at a bargain price. so if anyones got a Ranger that they want rid let me know, cheers Roll

A friend of mine actually put that Webley in the sale. I saw the little gun and it was in 99% excellent condition. He was obviously very pleased with the price he had for it.
    Cheers
    Dave
    People said smile things could get worse, so I smiled and they did!

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    A friend of mine actually put that Webley in the sale. I saw the little gun and it was in 99% excellent condition. He was obviously very pleased with the price he had for it.
    Cheers
    Dave
    So how much did he actually receive? I'm thinking about £360 so a private sale would have probably realised more.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    So how much did he actually receive? I'm thinking about £360 so a private sale would have probably realised more.
    yeah exactly. In excellent condition £450 seems to be about the going rate...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

mk2

Yes took the words right out of my mouth. If Dai had put his friends ranger on here for sale instead of going to auction he would have received at least the full £450 in his pocket there was at least two members who would have paid the sum and perhaps a pinch more. On saying that it is easy to be wise after the event.

He received the full amount. He’s an RFD and Holts offered the trade 0% commission to help the gun trade after lockdown. This is why he put some items to sell with them as he wouldn’t entertain 25% + VAT commission rates, so this case he’s done fine.
    Cheers
    Dave

Didn’t Holts put a very low estimate on that, like £180 or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Didn’t Holts put a very low estimate on that, like £180 or something?
    I may be wrong but I think their low estimates are actually the reserves, so not really an estimate

Prices seem very choppy. They have been selling off a few hammerli airgun trainer inserts for the k31 rifle(someone must have a job lot and be dribbling them out), and at the last Auction one went in it’s box for c£300. This time around, what looked like the identical item, £600 hammer, £900 with commission and vat (Ouch ouch ouch)
    Morally flawed

only worth it if it has Webley markings

They were pedalled in two forms in NZ.

Erma elg.

He received the full amount. He’s an RFD and Holts offered the trade 0% commission to help the gun trade after lockdown. This is why he put some items to sell with them as he wouldn’t entertain 25% + VAT commission rates, so this case he’s done fine.
    Cheers
    Dave
    I take it all back. Well done.
    Roly.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Roly.
    yeah, that's a deal you can't argue with....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Roly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    yeah, that's a deal you can't argue with....
    Yes he was well pleased, I drove up to Holts with him well worth the journey. Even with no RFD commission they still have made a handsome profit. I suppose it’s win win they got extra lots to sell from dealers who wouldn’t entertain the 25% plus VAT commission charge. I wonder when bidding though do people realise how much commission and VAT adds to the hammer price.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Yes he was well pleased, I drove up to Holts with him well worth the journey. Even with no RFD commission they still have made a handsome profit. I suppose it’s win win they got extra lots to sell from dealers who wouldn’t entertain the 25% plus VAT commission charge. I wonder when bidding though do people realise how much commission and VAT adds to the hammer price.
    Cheers
    Dave.

If they don't the first time, they most certainly do the second !!

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Their site has a calculator on it. You put it how much you want to spend and it tells you how much to maximum bid.

Dave
    Smell my cheese