Thread: Airsporter MK1

Airsporter MK1

I stripped one of my MK1’s about 100 shots ago , I’m slightly hot and the gun is still dieseling after I removed a little pellet debris and oiled the seal.

Shall I carry on and try and burn it off ?

I’ve stood the gun barrel down , I don’t really know why other than I may see some oil find its way down the barrel onto a tissue.

Didn’t go mad with oil just a few drops a couple of time’s and rubbed it in.

Any thoughts please gents ?

Edit ; I didn’t change the spring and I’m pretty sure it was under prior to the oiling of the seal .

A couple of drops of oil should burn up after a few shots, I rebuilt a mk1 HW80 after it being reblacked, The first shot I put through the chrono, It did something stupid like 20ft lbs so I stripped it immediately and found oil or grease or something had gotten in to the nick of the piston seal, Cleaned it out with a folded tissue and put it back together and it did a constant 11.4ft lbs!

I also bought a new Gamo Stutzen that was shooting all over the place, It was smoking and banging badly, I decided to burn it off with pellets, It took almost a full 500 tin, It must have been submerged in oil or something!

I had it at work on nights, Took a few shifts for it to settle!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks John ,

I’m thinking just give it a hard few sessions and see if it clears , it’s smoking out of the barrel like fag ash lil.

I’m thinking I’ll put a couple of hundred through it and retest it.

I’ve changed nothing , just a lube light molly on the piston and oiled the seal , I didn’t soak it just applied with my fingers twice over a few hours .

If it helps at all and this is only my opinion, I have a CM and MkI AS when I put a drop of oil or neatsfoot in the cylinder they smoke profusely for a short while and then settle down, but but there is always at least a trace of smoke. If there wasn't I'd re-lube anyway. It is my view that these guns were inevitably intended to operate in the "combustion" phase or the leather would be as dry as a bone. Also have a look at the original instruction book. On the other hand you don't want it flooded with lube, so I always try to put in a very small amount and operate lever / barrel a few times with trigger pressed so it doesn't cock to work the lube in before firing.

Thanks I’ll work the cocking lever and then put a good few more through it. If that doesn’t work I’ll strip it again, I didn’t go mad with the molly but perhaps some has got on the leather washer.

So I’ve exercised my left arm somewhat with repeated cocking ( pulled trigger ) about fifty times and put another 50 shots through the gun.

Upshot is I’m getting 11.6 now with 11.9 gr Hobby’s .

Thought I’d use a light weight pellet as these are the safest trial pellet.

I think ?

Hope I don’t wake up next weekend for another go and it’s recharged itself again !