Thread: Hi From Uttoxeter

Hi From Uttoxeter

Hello all and thanks for having me here.
    I'm a very young 61. I never had an air rifle of my own when I was younger but I did borrow several from friends but never really got into it.
    I began clay pigeon shooting in the early eighties and continued until the laws regarding the storage of shotguns changed in the early nineties when I sold my guns.
    Jump forward to January 2019 when my son took me clay pigeon shooting and I got the bug again and bought a Browning OU shotgun.
    Then he turned up with a Hatsan AT44-10. I was enthralled with the thing quite frankly. Compared to my memories of knocked about springers from my youth, that could barely squirt the pellet out of the barrel this was the real deal and I got the air rifle bug.
    I'm now the proud owner of a mint 2009 Webley Venom Sidewinder in .22 and a beautiful 2010 Weihrauch HW100 KT MkII in .77.
    So, I'm here to seek advice and information and hopefully share my own knowledge when I can.
    Cheers.

welcome to the forum bud

Quote Originally Posted by SCP1959 View Post
    Hello all and thanks for having me here.
    I'm a very young 61. I never had an air rifle of my own when I was younger but I did borrow several from friends but never really got into it.
    I began clay pigeon shooting in the early eighties and continued until the laws regarding the storage of shotguns changed in the early nineties when I sold my guns.
    Jump forward to January 2019 when my son took me clay pigeon shooting and I got the bug again and bought a Browning OU shotgun.
    Then he turned up with a Hatsan AT44-10. I was enthralled with the thing quite frankly. Compared to my memories of knocked about springers from my youth, that could barely squirt the pellet out of the barrel this was the real deal and I got the air rifle bug.
    I'm now the proud owner of a mint 2009 Webley Venom Sidewinder in .22 and a beautiful 2010 Weihrauch HW100 KT MkII in .77.
    So, I'm here to seek advice and information and hopefully share my own knowledge when I can.
    Cheers.
    Welcome along & nice collection you have there.

Did you shoot clays at Doveridge? My brother has recently suggested we try & I think that might be the nearest place. Would you reccomend it?

Quote Originally Posted by theobin View Post
    Welcome along & nice collection you have there.

Did you shoot clays at Doveridge? My brother has recently suggested we try & I think that might be the nearest place. Would you reccomend it?
    Hi Theobin.
    Yes I regularly shoot clays at Doveridge. It's a very large, well laid out shooting ground with many different types of stands including Skeet, Olympic trap and sporting. I definitely recommend it.
    Have you tried Oakedge on the A513 near Wolseley Bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by SCP1959 View Post
    Hi Theobin.
    Yes I regularly shoot clays at Doveridge. It's a very large, well laid out shooting ground with many different types of stands including Skeet, Olympic trap and sporting. I definitely recommend it.
    Have you tried Oakedge on the A513 near Wolseley Bridge?
    Thanks, I'll hopefully check it out soon.

I've not tried oakedge, but it's just down the road, I've driven past it loads of times. I'll have a look there too