Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Armoury jackal AR7 compact value?

Sussex Armoury jackal AR7 compact value?

Hi quick one, price opinions on below, what is the jackal market like? thanks

John

Sure I sold mine a while back for £225. I've bought 2 really nice ones but full length and AA version roughly between 175 and 200 if I remember rightly, The one is as mint as you could expect, I thought I had a very good buy, I've seen these advertised for over £400 but the market seems to go up and down quite quickly with these, I would have thought about the £250 but these are one of the guns I'm quite found of. They dont appear now very often so it's hard to follow the value,

Nice to see this one still has the open sights - I'd guess around the £200 mark.

John

Ar7

I remember when they came out & were reviewed in AGW, they always seemed to have single point sights on,
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Singlepoint sight

I always struggled to see thru them😉
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Thanks guys ! wanted one forever but never in right place at the right time before !

Its an air arms combat, value subject to the barrel being a factory carbine and not cut down.

They can be surprisingly accurate if a tad noisy.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

It's difficult to put a value on any classic or Vintage airgun. It all depends on the rarity and the desirability of the gun whether it has any sort of sentiment to the owner. FE I have always wanted a BSA Goldstar and Theoben Fenman back in the early 90's but couldn't afford one. Now I own both and in my favoured calibre. 177. These are both keepers and have provided me with hours of fun. Collectors and buyers have a set price in mind for what they want to sell or buy the gun for. But it's all subjective when one is haggling over a beautiful timeless classic.

I had an Air Arms Combat back in the 80’s, had a little gold sticker with ‘COMBAT’ on the right hand side of the stock, above the pistol grip.

Wasn’t half loud!

Matt

Thats not an ar7 its actually the latter (and much better) air arms combat. I was offered 350 for my combat (pre covid) but decided to keep mine as I really wasnt looking to sell it. But yeah before purchasing I'd check the serial number with air arms to make sure it's a genuine combat but it sure looks genuine to me . Price wise I'd say anywhere between 250 to 350 would be what they're fetching

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I had an Air Arms Combat back in the 80’s, had a little gold sticker with ‘COMBAT’ on the right hand side of the stock, above the pistol grip.

Wasn’t half loud!

Matt
    True but so many people would of peeled the stickers off by now- but if the stickers intact then even better from a collectors point of view for originality

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I agree it looks like an Air Arms Combat rather than an AR7.
    It does have it's original open sights from the look of it which itself is rare.
    This is the first Combat I've seen for sale on here - my own AR7 took me over 20 years to find!
    Personally I'd want nearer the 350 mark than 250 for sheer rarity - but as other have hinted at...it might not be a quick sale.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Think I sold one quite recently, wasn't for as much as that and it had the sticker.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    Thats not an ar7 its actually the latter (and much better) air arms combat. I was offered 350 for my combat (pre covid) but decided to keep mine as I really wasnt looking to sell it. But yeah before purchasing I'd check the serial number with air arms to make sure it's a genuine combat but it sure looks genuine to me . Price wise I'd say anywhere between 250 to 350 would be what they're fetching
    Yes you are right ! It should be with me very soon !! I am looking forwards to getting to know this one !
    I heard they are loud? can they take a silencer? , i.e. is the barrel "flashhider" removable?

Thanks for all the advice !

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I agree it looks like an Air Arms Combat rather than an AR7.
    It does have it's original open sights from the look of it which itself is rare.
    This is the first Combat I've seen for sale on here - my own AR7 took me over 20 years to find!
    Personally I'd want nearer the 350 mark than 250 for sheer rarity - but as other have hinted at...it might not be a quick sale.
    Thanks BWT it is not for sale on here, I just bought it elsewhere