Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scammer in Teignmouth

im very sorry to hear this nothing worse then people not being truthefull

It makes me wonder how many buyers have been defrauded for this item.
    And the total amount involved?.

Scammer

I do keep an eye out to see if it appears again for sale on sites but nothing yet. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    go via small claims mate... at the very least, it'll reduce the chance of him doing it again...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Perhaps leave it a week or so,a mere £25 to process the action online.

Scammer

If you know that the name and address of this ' person ' is correct, a small claims court summons is definitely the thing to do. People in the wrong rarely contest the claim. You can claim the plaint fee back on the form and like others have said it may well prevent him doing it to another innocent person.

Scammer

Cheers Guys. Small claims it is. Mach 1.5

Given that Teignmouth's past it's best, (ok, frankly it's a dump) & the address is council/housing association flats down by the docks,
    I'd guess the chap plain doesn't have the cash to refund you.

I don't blame you if you go small claims court, I've done it twice won both times, but the 2nd time still didn't get any money back, & to pursue it further costs go up.
    Oh & cases are always heard in the defendants local court so probably Torquay or maybe Exeter, so you will have to travel down,
    yes, you can claim costs back but if he can't/won't pay you're further out of pocket.

Might be worth a text or recorded letter first asking him to contact you if it's simply that he's skint, maybe even take the pistol with a small refund to at least get something back.

It's unlikely they'll attend?,not a problem,until they need a loan or finance.
    A current CCJ doesn't inspire confidence in a lender.
    Last edited by piggy589; 24-09-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Have you checked to see if there are other unpaid CCJ's recorded against his name or address ? Might give you an idea if it's worth pursuing if he already has.

Scammer

Did offer to have the webley back and £100 refund. Then I texted to say £45 refund. Sent 16 texts. Called 14 times. Left 6 messages so I have tried. I might just say s*d it. Must say thanks guys for your support on this matter. Means alot. Mach 1.5

As troubleshooter said,a CCJ applies to both an individual and their address at the time.
    They could become unpopular with others in the place.

Scammer

Just an update folks. I sent a letter informing of police and small claim court action. Well this seemed to have worked. No refund but I'll get the pistol back. A very kind BBS Member is popping round the property tomorrow to collect. Will update. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just an update folks. I sent a letter informing of police and small claim court action. Well this seemed to have worked. No refund but I'll get the pistol back. A very kind BBS Member is popping round the property tomorrow to collect. Will update. Mach 1.5
    Good news. I know not a perfect outcome, but a lot better than where you were before...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Decent enough result, mate. And you know where we are if you want it refinishing to how it should be.
    Best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation