Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scammer in Teignmouth

Scammer in Teignmouth

Guntrader. MK1 Webley Senior pre war stright grip. Pictures on guntrader looked fine. Paid via chq and cleared 3rd Sept. Pistol Arrived 9th Sept and discovered it was sprayed black. Contacted seller to inform him his description was way off and I would like a refund. Pistol returned next day and signed for at 12.24. No longer answers the text messages or answer phone messages and now phone switched off.

Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 18-09-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Guntrader. MK1 Webley Senior pre war stright grip. Pictures on guntrader looked fine. Paid via chq and cleared 3rd Sept. Pistol Arrived 9th Sept and discovered it was sprayed black. Contacted seller to inform him his description was way off and I would like a refund. Pistol returned next day and signed for at 12.24. No longer answers the text messages or answer phone messages and now phone switched off.

Mach 1.5
    Really sorry to hear about this, any chance police may do something ? Perhaps he's known to them
    Last edited by MartynB; 24-09-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

why oh why do people feel the need to rob other people,feel sorry for you bud

Scammer

Yep I know but it seems to be happening more often these days. Mach 1.5

Online fraud appears to be rife,just another form of theft.
    Remote and requires no nerve.
    Action fraud is all that's on offer unless the amount taken approaches the UK's GDP.

I'm not defending the seller in any way but is it possible he didn't realize it'd been re-painted? Or he assumed that you would've studied the photo's carefully enough to accurately gauge the condition for yourself?
    Also did he agree to the return & refund before you sent the pistol back?
    Just my thoughts.

What have Guntrader said about the matter ?

Personally I think you're jumping the gun a bit, it hasn't even been a week since you returned the item & people generally put themselves first so it may take a while.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    I'm not defending the seller in any way but is it possible he didn't realize it'd been re-painted? Or he assumed that you would've studied the photo's carefully enough to accurately gauge the condition for yourself?
    Also did he agree to the return & refund before you sent the pistol back?
    Just my thoughts.
    Yes I agree.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Scammer

The pictures on guntrader weren't great but the seller informed me the blueing was nice!! Yes agreed I could send it back and all that. Just never replies to txt messages and his phone just goes to voice mail. He was happy enough to reply to my messages and phoned me when he required the payment Mach 1.5

Scammers

It certainly sounds as if you've been diddled with the seller looking like they've chanced their arm with the dodgy description and as an afterthought once you've returned it decided to keep your payment.

I hope this isn't the case bud and there's a reasonable explanation. Hope you get you're money back.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

I hope you get your money back Paul.
    There is no excuse for not replying to you(unless he is in a coma) it's simply bad manners.
    Atb
    Les..

Sorry to hear this happen to such a decent person. It seems to be happening more and more.

Have you tried calling from a different number too? - maybe just your number being ignored or even blocked & that's not a good sign.
    A new number might get him to answer if the advert is still up or he's got something else he's selling?
    I'd be keeping an eye out for it being readvertised somewhere.

Another thought, & I'm not defending them in any way, but It could be possible they were selling as they were short of cash & now don't have it available to refund any more?
    Lots of people out of work at the moment?

Still no excuse not to reply or answer a call.

Hope you get a good result!

Scammer

The plot thickens. Seller just responded saying I haven't received the pistol back. I sent him the tracking number again showing he signed for it last Friday at 12.24. He then replied oh yes I have it!!!. Even better...he's just sent me a pick of the box still unopened? Think ive got my work cut out here folks. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 17-09-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    The plot thickens. Seller just responded saying I haven't received the pistol back. I sent him the tracking number again showing he signed for it last Friday at 12.24. He then replied oh yes I have it!!!. Even better...he's just sent me a pick of the box still unopened? Think ive got my work cut out here folks. Mach 1.5
    yeah, but it sounds more like he's losing it than downright dishonest... which is probably better Good luck mate...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.