Thread: Scammer in Teignmouth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scammer in Teignmouth

Guntrader. MK1 Webley Senior pre war stright grip. Pictures on guntrader looked fine. Paid via chq and cleared 3rd Sept. Pistol Arrived 9th Sept and discovered it was sprayed black. Contacted seller to inform him his description was way off and I would like a refund. Pistol returned next day and signed for at 12.24. No longer answers the text messages or answer phone messages and now phone switched off.

Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 18-09-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Guntrader. MK1 Webley Senior pre war stright grip. Pictures on guntrader looked fine. Paid via chq and cleared 3rd Sept. Pistol Arrived 9th Sept and discovered it was sprayed black. Contacted seller to inform him his description was way off and I would like a refund. Pistol returned next day and signed for at 12.24. No longer answers the text messages or answer phone messages and now phone switched off.

Mach 1.5
    Really sorry to hear about this, any chance police may do something ? Perhaps he's known to them
    Last edited by MartynB; 24-09-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

why oh why do people feel the need to rob other people,feel sorry for you bud

Scammer

Yep I know but it seems to be happening more often these days. Mach 1.5

Online fraud appears to be rife,just another form of theft.
    Remote and requires no nerve.
    Action fraud is all that's on offer unless the amount taken approaches the UK's GDP.

I'm not defending the seller in any way but is it possible he didn't realize it'd been re-painted? Or he assumed that you would've studied the photo's carefully enough to accurately gauge the condition for yourself?
    Also did he agree to the return & refund before you sent the pistol back?
    Just my thoughts.