Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap stirrup pumps

Cheap stirrup pumps

Has anyone tried one of the cheap Chinese stirrup pumps? how did perform? is it worth a punt. My hills pump is becoming too expensive to maintain so I thought about trying a cheap one then get a new one when it wears out.
    Thoughts please.
    Last edited by philcbr; 17-09-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philcbr View Post
    Has anyone tried one of the cheap Chinese stirrup pumps? how did perform? is it worth a punt. My hills pump is becoming too expensive to maintain so I thouhgt about trying a cheap one then get a new one when it wears out.
    Thoughts please.
    I had one wih a gun I done a deal on, Sold it local a while back but I was quite impressed by how quick it pumped my buddy bottle up, Worked better than expected.

For what its worth i had a cheap one off the bay a few years back, no more than £60 posted roughly, filled my super 10 bottles and s400 for about 2 years without any issues. Im back with a hills pump now which cost £45 posted off here, does the same job just more well built. The trouble is with the cheap ones if you read some reviews it seems they’re not all built the same, one could last years and the other a few weeks, also alot of them are the same pump with a diffrent name, at least with the hills you know what your getting when you part with your cash.
    Atb
    Chris

Thanks guys, appreciated. Wish I could get one for £45.

The one I had was listed for about £30 new, The chap I sold it to is still using it.

Pcp pump

Hi,
    Mine was € 29.50 from Ali, works fine but it does doesnot have a humidityfilter.
    Best,
    HJM

my mate has had one 2 years with no issues

I bought a used "off brand" pump, used it some more and sold it on - no problems at all.

I bought a new stainless steel one off fleabay just to pump my Fenman back up when I dropped it was it was running hot, Dropped it to 8ft lbs , Pumped it back up then my combro started giving an error all the time, I was worrid that I may have over filled it so dropped it again, It's about as powereful as my Webley Senior now!!

I had a problem sealing it to the adapter I had, I think they were different threads, PTFE tape stopped it leaking though, Not used it since!, I have to get another chrono (And try not to slay it!!) before I can pump it up again!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by philcbr View Post
    My hills pump is becoming too expensive to maintai
    Hi,

Are you talking about the dry-pac refills?

Cheers,

Mark.

ps Just noticed that Hill are about to start taking pre orders for their new Mk5.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    my mate has had one 2 years with no issues
    Likewise !

Some of the name brand pumps look exactly the same as the cheapo Chinese ones. It wouldn't surprise me if they are exactly the same so I'd happily get a cheapo fleabay one.

Why is the Hills expensive to maintain?

Quote Originally Posted by mjoseph View Post
    Hi,

Are you talking about the dry-pac refills?

Cheers,

Mark.

ps Just noticed that Hill are about to start taking pre orders for their new Mk5.
    No, the number of seal kits I have purchased but mostly the tiny green oring at £5 a go.

Guys, cheap one on its way to try.