Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheap stirrup pumps

Just goes to show, You don't always get what you pay for,

Had a 30 quid jobbie for 3 years and filled my cyclone and fn19 without issue. Still does.

Well the cheap £25 stirrup pump arrived but guess what, it didn’t work.
    After some thought I decided to replace all the seals as set are included in the box.
    Disassembling the pump is quite straightforward and for the main part seems well engineered. The inside was full of crap and dirt as usual with cheap Chinese stuff and some of the o rings where damaged. Surprisingly the two main tubes are made of stainless steel which is a bonus.
    While it was apart I took the opportunity to polish everything to a mirror finish, hopefully this will give the seals a fighting chance at longevity.
    Now it’s reassembled it works fine, so for the money I’m very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by philcbr View Post
    Well the cheap £25 stirrup pump arrived but guess what, it didn’t work.
    After some thought I decided to replace all the seals as set are included in the box.
    Disassembling the pump is quite straightforward and for the main part seems well engineered. The inside was full of crap and dirt as usual with cheap Chinese stuff and some of the o rings where damaged. Surprisingly the two main tubes are made of stainless steel which is a bonus.
    While it was apart I took the opportunity to polish everything to a mirror finish, hopefully this will give the seals a fighting chance at longevity.
    Now it’s reassembled it works fine, so for the money I’m very happy.
    That's very good news, More so that your able to service it yourself , Maybe source some better quality seals for the future. If all else is good then it's been worth while taking a chance ,