Thread: MTC Viper Pro 5-30x50 Anyone use one?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MTC Viper Pro 5-30x50 Anyone use one?

Just seeking out a bit of feedback from anyone who is using or has used the latest MTC Viper Pro 5-30x50 scope

I'm looking for a general purpose target scope with enough mag for 25yd benchrest.

How good are the optics generally? how sharp at 25yds? is the SCB2 ret too cluttered?

On spec it seems a decent scope for a reasonable price but I've not heard much about it from anyone using one.

I have a Bushnell 6500 4.5-30x50 but that is just on the cusp of minimum parallax at 25yds and so not quite there for 25yd bench and not good below that obviously.

Thanks

I recently bought one and use it for bench rest no complaints nice and clear good optics...mind you the geared turrets are going to be wasted as they will never be used as intended.

I also have Hawke FFP and Airmax and would say that optics are on a par with the FFP and slightly better than Airmax...one thing i will add is that i needed a pair of elevation adjustable mounts as the scope only just had enough adjustment and i dont like being at the limit.

Ditto. Good scope. Image good. The ret isnt too fussy but your not aiming off or dialling in so you are just using one bit of the ret.

Personally I echo the observation you are buying a BDC scope but using it for a fixed bench rest distance.

Potentially, money can be spent on a simpler trad turret and better glass/coatings and maybe a ret that is not so info rich.

Mine will be going on air - sub 12 and FAC and rimmies and full bores so the 1 turn BDC is great.

For bench I much prefer a floating dot as oppossed to cross hair no matter how fine. My brain works centering a circle on circle but the cross hair I always seem to perceive it isnt dead centre and I can stray into hunting dead centre when it really isnt going to take me off the bull.

KISS as they say.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

ive one here brand new in the box going up for sale soon,to much scope for what i need

Thanks for the input guys, useful observations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky-Ricky View Post
    one thing i will add is that i needed a pair of elevation adjustable mounts as the scope only just had enough adjustment and i dont like being at the limit.
    I have a set of Sportsmatch ATP66 adjustables so OK on that front if the need arises.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Personally I echo the observation you are buying a BDC scope but using it for a fixed bench rest distance.

Potentially, money can be spent on a simpler trad turret and better glass/coatings and maybe a ret that is not so info rich.

KISS as they say.
    But I did say that I wanted it for general target/plinking stuff as well as benchrest, If I wanted BR only I would have kept my Leup 35x
    Last edited by niloc; 29-09-2020 at 01:20 PM.

Indeed you did say a general but your focus (pardon the pun) seemed to be on bench rest and I was picking up on what the first response was saying.

In that case, if the ret doesn't bug your brain out, it would be a good choice imho.

It can get a little dark on top mag and the side focus has a little whiplash in it on mine, but other than that.....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Hopefully you mean backlash.