Thread: Shipping riflescopes

Shipping riflescopes

Hello,
    Woud is be possible to sell a scope (3-12×) to a UK buyer without problems eg.customs or law now?
    Can I buy a second hand sub12 ftp airgun in the UK and have it shipped to Holland?
    Thans for answering,
    HJM

No changes in the laws yet. I doubt there will be many unless the EU decide they want to make some.
    I've sent both scopes and air rifles to Holland in the past. Just did it as its all a hobby and fun. They got there fine.
    Scope=optical device. Air Rifle=spring compressor.
    You would know better about Dutch customs.

not entirely sure on the export side but check the couriers terms and conditions as some wont give compensation on items that have glass components .

This is one from parcel monkey

Any Item With Glass Components (carried on a no-compensation basis).

TNT

NO PROTECTION ITEMS:
    The following items (or any item similar in description or content) can only be carried on a no protection basis on any service.

Any person sending such an item does so at their own risk:

Telescope . I would think that would cover rifle scopes too .

Make sure you check the courier you use to see what they say in their terms and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by hjm177 View Post
    Hello,
    Woud is be possible to sell a scope (3-12×) to a UK buyer without problems eg.customs or law now?
    Can I buy a second hand sub12 ftp airgun in the UK and have it shipped to Holland?
    Thans for answering,
    HJM
    Yes, selling to a UK buyer is fine there will be no problem.

Unfortunately buying a sub 12 & having it shipped is more of a problem due to UK shipping rules,

The only companies that will knowingly carry airguns are Royal Mail & their parcel service ParcelForce,

Royal Mail WILL ship guns international in their rules, but have size & weight rules which only air pistols might comply with, (2kg max)
    larger heavier items must be shipped international with ParcelForce & their rules prohibit any gun from international carriage.