When I got back into airguns and plinking and tinkering, I was quite curious to look at some of the guns. For some reason I seem to like the simple stuff and simplifying stuff. For some reason I never wanted to look at a feinwerkbau sport but i did fancy a look at an Original 50. I got let down with a cheap rough one that was one here years ago and the urge to look at one of the triggers passed. Also wanting to have a look at the Original 6 left me after looking at prices of spares.
For some reason -----I seem to like looking at stuff that has maybe had a cock up repair done or been abused. I also like things simple. I know modern seals are really good , but I figure if i fit a leather seal to something now it will see me out
While I really do very little these days, sometimes revisiting things can be fun. Getting a better trigger on the Hurricane, Tempest was interesting, as was improving the Milbro Cougar one and doing away with the safey on a Scorpion and fittng a leather piston washer.
On Webley Hawks etc, doing away with the safety and using the sear spring out of a Victor is a decent mod. Hmmm--maybe have a think about the Hawk Mk1 sometime as that bugger is dangerous!
I like to look at some of the pictures that John CCDJG puts up of things stripped down to get an idea of them------------and it saves me buying them!
I like the simplicity of a Webley Junior. They are so simple but so much can go wrong with them over time, mainly just a build up of wear and tearl. I do like some of the Webley pistols
Other than the really collectable stuff like John has, like the Noma, Lov1, Mahely , lampagyar etc I think the thing i would like to have a look at if a cheap one came up, would be a Predom Lucznic pistol. Id quite like a look at one of the rifles as well but cannot justify buying one to satisfy curiousity.
I wonder what will crop up next or what mod I'll be thinking of?