Thread: Springer muzzle blast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    HTH - JB
    Thanks!
    Your words "barrel pressure at the time of exit" has to be the correct place to start investigating.
    I'm not confident that its easy to pinpoint the exact effect, but your ideas helps to organize my thinking a bit better!

In the 77k theres less preload with the spring giving 11fpe than the FAC spring, and the recoil is quick, but not sharp.
    With the OEM/FAC spring, the recoil feels a bit more "restricted", indicating to me that there may be a bit more bounce.

I don't have an answer to this, but when setting up 21 mm tunes I have experimented a lot with set ups that make more fpe with light pellets than heavy or bouncing, and indeed the opposite, at the same stroke and not noticed any change in muzzle report. All on the same spring just altering piston weight and pre load ( just for information sake )

Hello, I had a small thought ( those knowing me at this point will groan, loudly.) if there is a small extension on the barrel, say of 4" , same bore, with a port in the side leading to a pressure transducer would a difference be noted with loud or soft reports?
    Cheers all.
    Geoff.
    Master of creating amazing ideas, all carp mostly.