Thread: Springer muzzle blast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    For a while I was thinking it may be that my setups with tight vibrations reducing guides makes the muzzle blast more noticeable for the shooter.
    But the OEM springs in the HW95 and HW77k dont give the same muzzle blast, even when they are on tight guides.

Sorry, can't help, but looking forward to seeing some explanations on this.

I have tried a few guns over time with lowered swept volume that seemed louder and assumed this phenomenon may be down to having to work that lower volume harder. Could be wrong, though, and certainly not the case here.

Maybe the wave theory mentioned above?

Or I wonder if it has more to do with spring force at the time of pellet release / piston bounce? Maybe even material composition of the spring itself and differing harmonics?

Can't remember now.......would gas rams do this?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Another (maybe daft?) thought to lob in there.....as well as causing other undesirable issues, I wonder if guns running too low preload may also exhibit similar symptoms, when the spring is unseated from its rear guide bearing, causing "spring to guide slap"?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!