Thread: Mystery pistol on eGun

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Mystery pistol on eGun

This weird looking pistol has just appeared on eGun (https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=11599202)

I have never come across one like it before. The seller seems to think that an inner barrel might be missing, but says that the spring unit inside can be cocked and fired. Has anyone any idea what it is or how it is supposed to work? My best guess is that it might not be an air gun but was meant to shoot darts. It could have been loaded by pressing a dart in from the muzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    This weird looking pistol has just appeared on eGun (https://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=11599202)

I have never come across one like it before. The seller seems to think that an inner barrel might be missing, but says that the spring unit inside can be cocked and fired. Has anyone any idea what it is or how it is supposed to work? My best guess is that it might not be an air gun but was meant to shoot darts. It could have been loaded by pressing a dart in from the muzzle.
    I saw this, John, and think you're right and it's a dart gun like the Eureka.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Yes l have to agree with the above comments. it does look like a spring loading dart pistol.

It's quite nicely finished for what is basically a toy. But at the same time obviously cheaply made. I wonder who made it?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Or cork pistol?

I've a Daisy 1894 lever-action that repeats with .50 cal cork balls.....

The woodwork was done somewhat blandly by someone with access to a router and bandsaw, easily done at home by anyone competent to use such tools.
    However the chequering looks like it is stamped which requires a die, more difficult and time consuming to make a die for a one off job.
    I would say it is a very uncommon commercially made and unappealing spring pistol that never took of, hence it's rarity.
    If I am not mistaken, Diana did make a rarely seen rifle with 2 interchangeable barrels suitable for corks and darts. Could it be this is an even rarer pistol version of it?
    Last edited by dvd; 20-09-2020 at 06:01 AM.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    The only other bit of information that can be gleaned from the eGun entry is that the seller lives in Bratislava. This suggests that the gun may be Slovak or Czech in origin and possibly not something made by one of the better known companies in the West.