Thread: Leupold Premier 14.5 -35 x 40 EFR - anyone using?

Leupold Premier 14.5 -35 x 40 EFR - anyone using?

Just wondering if anyone is still using the old Leupold Vari x iii with the Premier Reticles booster. If so, what type of shooting? I know they fell out of favour with the FT crowd because of temperature shift on range finding but as an all round, light weight and powerful scope I think they perform pretty well.

I really like the multiline reticle and have used mine for use mine for everything from FT comps to vermin shooting.

Although I've seen a few of the later 18-40mag versions used for benchrest but I don't think I've ever seen anyone else using the 14.5-35 version for anything.

Maybe they're just too much of a jack of all trades?

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I used mine for benchrest for a few years. But to be honest, it's not getting any use these days. I reckon without the booster I would probably use it more on my Rapid or Dreamline. My Vortex Viper 2.5-10 is currently the most used scope after the NV for work.

Years ago, mine belonged to Dave Ramshead and I think he did quite well with it in HFT. I used it for a couple of years in both FT and HFT and found it was good, but just a little bit too much of a compromise in both disciplines. Not quite good enough to rangefind over 50 yards and too blurry under 12 yards. Two setups with a Tasco Custom Shop and MTC 10x Viper respectively seemed to work better.

Lovely scope though.