Thread: Galway fieldmaster info please

Galway fieldmaster info please

I been tasked with fixing a freinds Galway Fieldmaster pcp no problems on most of it as have small machine shop but would like to know how the original exhaust valve works as it leaking like it is not there, looks like a conventional hammer valve, looks like it's been modified at some stage, anyone got a diagram on this would be most grateful, otherwise will have to make a new valve but would like to not have to. Thanks

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    I just made a new firing valve and hammer set up.got rid of the wandering power issue.ive got the plans and dimensions some were which you can have if can dig them out.i regret I sold it now.just as a side note the barrel was amazing on this one so never had to play with that.
    KevG

These rifles were originally designed for use with CO2 but Galway used compressed air due to the legal situation at the time. Care needs to be taken over the fill pressure as a result, CO2 running at 1000 psi or less depending on temperature. Barrels were excellent Walther items.

They resemble a sharps .50 cal. when compared to a contemporary pcp,weren't they intended as a tranquilizer gun like the early daystates?.