Thread: R10 super carbine or an hw110 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

R10 super carbine or an hw110 ?

Hi all

Been without an air rifle for a while now and looking to purchase my first pcp.

Been through the traditional ‘do I go budget or best’ thoughts and looked at a few in the local dealers and now reckon I’m down to a BSA R10 SE super carbine and the HW110 both shouldered really well .
    I like the option of the additional shot count of the BSA for those days i fancy target shooting but the HW110 seems to be more well liked.

Both are about the same price (ish) if I go new.

Used, not many of either around.

I would be interested to know the thoughts of others.

Cheers
    Last edited by Nathan365; 20-09-2020 at 09:37 PM.

cptman is offline Moody Git.........Apparently?
    I have a 110 .22 with a red dot on board for close range ratting, which it is perfect for, I also have an HW100 which is scoped up, both are extremely accurate, but the 100 is much more refined. I would consider spending the extra wonga on a 100.
    Can’t comment on the BSA as I’ve never shot one.
    Pete.
    why is it there are more horses arses in the world than there are horses?

Quote Originally Posted by cptman View Post
    I have a 110 .22 with a red dot on board for close range ratting, which it is perfect for, I also have an HW100 which is scoped up, both are extremely accurate, but the 100 is much more refined. I would consider spending the extra wonga on a 100.
    Can’t comment on the BSA as I’ve never shot one.
    Pete.
    Cheers Pete

I’ve not tried the 100 don’t know why to be honest, but will before I decide .
    Thanks

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    i was in the exact same predicament two weeks ago, i have owned both before and had to decide between them again, and as much as i love the r10's looks i went with the hw100.
    my heart said r10 but my head said hw100, this is the first time my head has ever won lol. the hw is clinically accurate and reliable, when the r10 works it is a good gun, but there are to many complaints about reliability for me and i prefer the simplicity of the hw mags

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    i was in the exact same predicament two weeks ago, i have owned both before and had to decide between them again, and as much as i love the r10's looks i went with the hw100.
    my heart said r10 but my head said hw100, this is the first time my head has ever won lol. the hw is clinically accurate and reliable, when the r10 works it is a good gun, but there are to many complaints about reliability for me and i prefer the simplicity of the hw mags
    Cheers.

2 for the 100 now. Any reason to not go for the 110 ?

Agreed on above, forget the Hw110 and get a HW100. The 100 is far better in every way.
    Last edited by 247sniper; 21-09-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leadpig View Post
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan365 View Post
    Cheers.

Because it’s made from plastic, they leak and they are just crap tbh. Not a patch on the 100

Thanks for your comments . Looks like the 100 is worth a look at.

Cheers

bsa r-10

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan365 View Post
    Hi all

Been without an air rifle for a while now and looking to purchase my first pcp.

Been through the traditional ‘do I go budget or best’ thoughts and looked at a few in the local dealers and now reckon I’m down to a BSA R10 SE super carbine and the HW110 both shouldered really well .
    I like the option of the additional shot count of the BSA for those days i fancy target shooting but the HW110 seems to be more well liked.

Both are about the same price (ish) if I go new.

Used, not many of either around.

I would be interested to know the thoughts of others.

Cheers
    check out my BSA R-10 for sale on here

I have had an R10 for about four years now and its always been very good admittedly i have fettled it somewhat but its still on the factory reg and is very constant and accurate....dont believe all the negatives about them as just like other guns they do occasionally have their problems but you only usually hear about the problems on forums and then you get all the other unqualified comments from people who have no experience and just quote hearsay.

Both are 10 year old rifles and It's about time they updated them
    I would go for a HW 100 over both of the rifles you have suggested,
    and Id go full length also ..