Thread: HW100 stock care

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......

HW100 stock care

Well, I'll take my life in my hands and ask possibly a silly question.

I've recently bought a HW100KS, and I must say it's a lovely gun. It's so easy to shoot I think I'm a better shot than I am if you know what I mean.

Only one thing that I'm debating is the stock. As standard it's very dull, and I can see a nice grain in the wood, and was wondering how to bring that out. On my 97k and 90K, and on my shotguns, I've used everything from Slippery Dicks gun wax to beeswax normally for furniture, and they look fine, but I'm aware that they have beech stocks and / or are already polished and not walnut. So, what's it to be, oil, beeswax or dark gun wax? Any pros and cons? Suggestions gratefully received!
    Mark

I have a ten year old HW100 KT and it was very dull when I bought it. I hand rubbed boiled linseed oil into it, let it dry buffed it with a soft duster and then repeated twice more. I then sealed it with Slippery Dicks and it looks really great.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP1959 View Post
    I have a ten year old HW100 KT and it was very dull when I bought it. I hand rubbed boiled linseed oil into it, let it dry buffed it with a soft duster and then repeated twice more. I then sealed it with Slippery Dicks and it looks really great.
    Thanks for your reply, I hadn't considered oil and then wax at all. I've read about oil being applied once a day for the first week, then once a month for the first year, then once a year after that.
    Mark