Thread: Scope for 50m bencrest

Scope for 50m bencrest

Currently using Airmax 8-32 x50 but can get a bit fuzzy at max magnification.
    Any alternative suggestions (without breaking the bank!
    Thanks

I have a leup comp for sale, probably the best scope you can buy for 25/50m and beyond

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    MK3 Big Nikko does the job for £450

New T50 is worth a look.

Going up there is the Sightron SIII, then your into the Delta Stryker and March
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Bench rest scope

Depending on the size of your budget, I'd plump for the sightron, the dot on the cross hairs fits in the hollow dot on the target. You don't need mildot, it's too distracting when shooting at a fixed distance.
    David

My range scope is a nikko sterling 10-40x56 a good budget scope for bench rest shooting to well over 50m

Mine is a T50 503, 10-50 x60 the old model and its only limitation is me...it works really well.
    I dont compete, only with myself
    The new X50 is supposedly better in some ways, but not at nearly 3x as much as i paid for my T50 s/h....wouldnt
    mind a look at one though to see what i make of them as their s/h prices are looking better these days.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 15-06-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Have a look at Konus scopes.
    Seriously underated optics, especially the FFP models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranyhyn View Post
    Have a look at Konus scopes.
    Seriously underated optics, especially the FFP models.
    If you're seriously interested in Benchrest shooting, then you really don't need a FFP scope, as the reticle will be far too big/thick to be of any use.

2nd focal plane with 1/8th clicks is the way you need to be going. Preferably with a fine reticle and a centre dot.

Just finishing up a 22rf build for BR & LR (hopefully not multi-purpose / multi-useless? ), will be fitting a SFP March High Master scope , 1/8 moa 'clicks' with a floating dot.

Overall idea being a 22rf clone of an existing 6mm Dasher rifle.

FFP on a pure target orientated rifle is not normally a combination you see but a .05mil/click (sort of 1/6 moa) high magnification FFP with a floating do would actually work well?

konus scopes are decent

Vortex Diamondback 6-25-50 love um

I have a Leupold Competition x45 on my BR rig, some guys at my club are shooting March and NF, i haven't looked through any of them and felt the need to change.
    The Leupolds are maybe a bit old fashioned now compared to newer offerings but all the better for it IMO and can be picked up for sensible money.
    I have a Weaver T36 on my LWSR, its a bit dark and for me the mag is a little on the low side for BR but a few guys at the club use them for BR and rate them.
    We did have a few using Sightron but all have moved them on after various problems.

Just bought one of the latest Hawke Sidewinders 8-32x56 it is awsome. I even prefer it over my Big Nikko & my Bushnell elite 6500.
    V-MACH, HW 95 / Venom AA Pro-Elite / V-MACH TX200 HC / SFS HW 99 SNIPE & IMP / URAGAN 2 / FX Impact / HW100 FSB / Daystate Wolverine R / FAC FX / Sako Finnfire / CZ Varmint / CZ American / CZ 512 / Ruger 10/22 / Browning Buckmark / Taurus LBR / Tikka T3X SV .223.