Thread: Scope for 50m bencrest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have a look at Konus scopes.
    Seriously underated optics, especially the FFP models.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranyhyn View Post
    Have a look at Konus scopes.
    Seriously underated optics, especially the FFP models.
    If you're seriously interested in Benchrest shooting, then you really don't need a FFP scope, as the reticle will be far too big/thick to be of any use.

2nd focal plane with 1/8th clicks is the way you need to be going. Preferably with a fine reticle and a centre dot.

Just finishing up a 22rf build for BR & LR (hopefully not multi-purpose / multi-useless? ), will be fitting a SFP March High Master scope , 1/8 moa 'clicks' with a floating dot.

Overall idea being a 22rf clone of an existing 6mm Dasher rifle.

FFP on a pure target orientated rifle is not normally a combination you see but a .05mil/click (sort of 1/6 moa) high magnification FFP with a floating do would actually work well?

konus scopes are decent

Vortex Diamondback 6-25-50 love um

I have a Leupold Competition x45 on my BR rig, some guys at my club are shooting March and NF, i haven't looked through any of them and felt the need to change.
    The Leupolds are maybe a bit old fashioned now compared to newer offerings but all the better for it IMO and can be picked up for sensible money.
    I have a Weaver T36 on my LWSR, its a bit dark and for me the mag is a little on the low side for BR but a few guys at the club use them for BR and rate them.
    We did have a few using Sightron but all have moved them on after various problems.

Just bought one of the latest Hawke Sidewinders 8-32x56 it is awsome. I even prefer it over my Big Nikko & my Bushnell elite 6500.
    V-MACH, HW 95 / Venom AA Pro-Elite / V-MACH TX200 HC / SFS HW 99 SNIPE & IMP / URAGAN 2 / FX Impact / HW100 FSB / Daystate Wolverine R / FAC FX / Sako Finnfire / CZ Varmint / CZ American / CZ 512 / Ruger 10/22 / Browning Buckmark / Taurus LBR / Tikka T3X SV .223.