Thread: Any info on a sharp innova pre-charge conversion

Any info on a sharp innova pre-charge conversion

Good evening gentlemen, I have acquired a rather unusual sharp innova converted to a pre - charge , does anyone on the forum know anything about these conversions and who done them, I can send pictures to anyone who wants to see them, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Rgds Kev
    Last edited by kevin.ronnie; 22-09-2020 at 09:43 PM.

That is indeed an unusual conversion as the Innova uses a blow off valve !

Cheers for the pictures mate ! Have you actually tried it with air in it unless the air release has been changed for some kind of knock open valve (considerable amount of restyling ) pulling the trigger would release ALL of the air in the buddy bottle giving insane energy levels

looking at your pictures again perhaps the blow off valve just empties the top cylinder and then it is replenished in some way from the buddy bottle , still using the sharp firing system with some kind of regulator to keep it within the legal limit ?? it is certainly an interesting conversion
    Last edited by mallyally; 22-09-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Sent you a pm Kev,, I actually worked on some in the 90s for target sports, Maybe Mr jones can help, There was an article in the airgun world or airgunner about it once it was up and running, Not very good at all though, Col.

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Sent you a pm Kev,, I actually worked on some in the 90s for target sports, Maybe Mr jones can help, There was an article in the airgun world or airgunner about it once it was up and running, Not very good at all though, Col.
    I do indeed remember a Sharp Ace coming into the shop where I was the oldest Saturday lad in history.

I also remember that non of the staff were willing to fill it. I think we eventually sold it for parts (with a warning) to some Wally around Skelmersdale.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

UXB,how many pages to the dislaimer?

on my old computer i had a concept drawing for a twin valve dump valve
    the rear chamber had a firing pin like the innova and a piston with two seals connected the two valve chambers
    as the rear valve emptied on firing the rod moved rearwards allowing the front valve to fill and when pressurised it moved the rod to the rear
    whether it would work i don't know as i could see no real point in doing it as the sharp works good as intended as a pumper

Thanks for the images Kev,, Thats one of the rifles mate,The other sharp innova didnt have a tube underneath but a stepped block similar to the pic that went over the small piece of pumping tube that was left protruding from the block. Used a theoben sized 200cc bottle and there was also a co2 version..
    There was a valve on the ace one we had in but you had to fire and quickly push the trigger forward to stop the surge of air,, Very dodgy and as Mr Jones said nobody wanted to test them in a shop full of customers, There was actually a kit or the full rifle you could buy from the mags,, Very short lived and not many have passed through my hands over the years. Dont remember the exact workings of the valve after 30 yrs i`m afraid or who was the brainless boffin behind them but i didnt hear of any accidents, Worked out quite expensive in the day as the sharp innova alone was in the £40.00 - £50.00 bracket, Hope someone has a copy of the mag somewhere to refresh our memories.. I did have images of the workings put on an old computer Years ago, Still probably have the hard drive somewhere, There where no commercial pc`s in those days, We only upgraded to a pc for stock control at the latter end of the 1980s.
    I believe Lawrie Amatruda ended up with my co2 sharp innova and is still on the Vintage airgun gallery.
    Worked on pretty much the same principle,, Back in 1980's there was a coversion kit for the Sharp from Keens guns in Bridgend, Around £200.00.

Pics for Ped...
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....wrie-amatruda/
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....1-sharp-innova

Maybe Lawrie is our next expert who can help.. Col.
    Last edited by colin g; 23-09-2020 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by colin g View Post
    Thanks for the images Kev,, Thats one of the rifles mate,The other sharp innova didnt have a tube underneath but a stepped block similar to the pic that went over the small piece of pumping tube that was left protruding from the block. Used a theoben sized 200cc bottle and there was also a co2 version..
    There was a valve on the ace one we had in but you had to fire and quickly push the trigger forward to stop the surge of air,, Very dodgy and as Mr Jones said nobody wanted to test them in a shop full of customers, There was actually a kit or the full rifle you could buy from the mags,, Very short lived and not many have passed through my hands over the years. Dont remember the exact workings of the valve after 30 yrs i`m afraid or who was the brainless boffin behind them but i didnt hear of any accidents, Worked out quite expensive in the day as the sharp innova alone was in the £40.00 - £50.00 bracket, Hope someone has a copy of the mag somewhere to refresh our memories.. I did have images of the workings put on an old computer Years ago, Still probably have the hard drive somewhere, There where no commercial pc`s in those days, We only upgraded to a pc for stock control at the latter end of the 1980s.
    I believe Lawrie Amatruda ended up with my co2 sharp innova and is still on the Vintage airgun gallery.
    Worked on pretty much the same principle,, Back in 1980's there was a coversion kit for the Sharp from Keens guns in Bridgend, Around £200.00.

Pics for Ped...
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....wrie-amatruda/
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....1-sharp-innova

Maybe Lawrie is our next expert who can help.. Col.
    Hi Colin,

I'm a bit confused, I don't own any Co2 converted Innovas other than the one you refer to with your link to The Vintage Airgun Gallery, and that is the one I designed and converted to Co2 use, I was inspired by the Schimel Co2 pistol, which has a blow off valve that doesn't let all the gas escape when it is discharged, as long as the instructions for cocking it are followed exactly. I now own only one PCP air rifle, a Galway Fieldmaster, which I run on Co2 after fitting Co2 friendly seals made from polyurethane, I am not a lover of compressed air, all the other guns I have converted, all run on Co2. At the moment I have been converting a few Walther LP 53 pistols to Co2, which were inspired by my friend John Walker who has been doing these for a few years now, all I am doing is modifying the valve to a more simple design than John uses. Kevin who started this post did contact me about the gun he has, but I could not enlighten him on it. By the way my conversion still uses it’s original blow off valve.

Cheers Lawrie.
    Last edited by Lawrie Amatruda; 15-10-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Here are the photos of Kevins pcp Innova

[IMG]IMG_2620 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_2621 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_2623 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_2622 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have seen and handled nearly all of Lawries CO2 conversions and one of the key features of Lawries work is that the rifles or pistols all still look like the donor model. In fact the Innova that he did looks exactly like the standard rifle, till you turn it over and see where the filler valve for the CO2 is located. The pcp conversion that Kevin has looks like it was put together by a plumber Both are interesting in their own right but one of them is a real masterpiece
    Last edited by Mark D; 15-10-2020 at 09:26 PM.