Thread: What is a good pump for HW100 - Total Newbie question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What is a good pump for HW100 - Total Newbie question

Hi, Hands up I know nothing about pre charged airguns - always used springers.
    I inherited a HW100 carbine from my great uncle about four years ago. Which is a revelation - superb airgun. The air bottle has now run out and its difficult to find anyone to charge it in the Welshpool, Oswestry region. So I was thinkng of getting a pump when funds allow.
    Which one should I get that is good quality and do the job. Will my existing charging cable fit and any other advice please.
    Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

The two leading brands in airgun stirrup pumps are Hills and Fx.

I have had an Fx stage 3 for over 10 years I even fill my Gunpower Stealth bottles that are 500cc. It has worked well and I have checked inside air cylinders and no sign of corrosion with long term use. So I would happily recommend an Fx stage 3.

It was also bought from a member on here so its secondhand.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Arrow

Get a cylinder to save time an energy! I fill my 7 litre 300 bar one up for under a fiver a year, you just need to find a good dive bottle shop.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    best pump for a PCP... the big f*off one at your local dive shop; use it to fill up your cylinder
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Hi, Hands up I know nothing about pre charged airguns - always used springers.
    I inherited a HW100 carbine from my great uncle about four years ago. Which is a revelation - superb airgun. The air bottle has now run out and its difficult to find anyone to charge it in the Welshpool, Oswestry region. So I was thinkng of getting a pump when funds allow.
    Which one should I get that is good quality and do the job. Will my existing charging cable fit and any other advice please.
    Cheers
    Odds are your cylinder is now out of test date, there should be a sticker on it with a 'due test date' if not the date of manufacturer test is stamped on to the neck.
    As you already have the cyl it makes far more sense to get it tested & filled, ask google/RFD's/other shooters where they get theirs tested & filled.

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    as said the fx are good, not tried the hills, but in all honesty its a shed load of effort, i gave up after two fills and went back to a dive bottle

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    I had a Hills pump when I had my Falcon FN19 years ago, since I recently bought a HW100 I bought a bottle too, much easier, wouldn't like to have to go back to pumping!
    Mark

Hi,

I've got a Hill Mk4 that I bought at the start of lockdown because both my 3ltr and 7ltr bottles were nearly empty. I don't have any problem filling my R10 or HW101.

That being said, there was a thread recently, where quite a few people had good experiences with £30 pumps from the auction site.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hill pump

i have a Hill Mk3 pump, pumping is easy, especially on a HW carbine 105cc cylinder
    lard ass beer swilling couch potatoes will tell you to get a dive cylinder
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!