Thread: MK1 Webley and Scott Air Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Welcome to the forum Andy.

What a cracking find. There were around 1500 of these rifles made during the latter 1920s and they are quite desirable today.

There is an excellent section on them in Chris Thrale's book Webley Air Rifles and Chris also lists the serial numbers of all known examples. Yours is not among them and is therefore a 'fresh' example in collecting circles.

Enjoy - these are lovely little rifles. I would rectify any mechanical deficiencies sympathetically and not touch the external finish beyond a good oiling or waxing as refinishing would devalue such a nice historical item.

John

Dear All,

Thankyou for all of your replies and advice, all very helpful and appreciated.

It was quite an interesting find in the house along with with the live WW2 mortar (another story).

It is my intention to only restore the air rifle to working condition and clean it.
    I prefer you restored items to show some age it makes them easier to use without the worry of making a blemish and retains some history.

I have now, thanks to your help been able to source the broken parts (Thanks Mikey2 & Troubledshooter).

I will update the thread once work is completed and have decided what to do with it, part of me wants to keep it but also I have to find a classic car rebuild.

Thanks again

Andy

Andy more pics of this model here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ifle/#post-257
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Shame the safety seems to be missing? these are unique to the MK1 rifle and although the pistol ones look the same, they are not usable on the rifle.
    Good luck with the sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Shame the safety seems to be missing? these are unique to the MK1 rifle and although the pistol ones look the same, they are not usable on the rifle.
    Good luck with the sale...
    Hi Peter,

The rifle is complete, I have the safety ‘safe’ in a safe place.

Cheers

Andy