Thread: Brocock accessories valuation please

Brocock accessories valuation please

Should this be in the FAC area? If so, please move.
    Years ago, my daughter and I had a Brocock Orion 6 pistol in .177. Then it was moved to FAC and I took out the permit, holding it for maybe 3 years. But the pistol was rarely shot and I decided the cost of permit renewal was not worth it so handed the pistol in. Such is life. But a bag of accessories has surfaced which we can sell but I admit to only being able to guess at the asking price. So I seek advice on price for the following. We are after a 'bundle' price rather than having to sell items individually, although I have used some individual prices gleaned from the net in order to give my guesstimate.
    Am I in the right ballpark?
    We have:

BROCOCK TAC ACCESSORIES .177
    25 x cartridges with ‘double’ nose caps.
    7 x cartridges with single nose caps.
    5 x double nose caps.
    6 x single nose caps.
    BROCOCK black leather holster belt (XL - XXL?) holding:
    2 x double + 1 single speed loader holders marked BROCOCK LTD.
    1 x double speed loader holder marked PWL 8609 01/95.
    7 x HKS speed loaders each holding 6 cartridges to fit above holders.
    Pistol holster marked BROCOCK LTD 21 05.

Separate brown leather holster for Orion 6 pistol, used but good.

The cartridges are not shiny brass new and I cannot guarantee them but I do not recollect any issues with their function all those years ago. My term 'double' refers to the nose cap being in two parts, as against a single unit. My searches suggest that cartridges are selling at c. £2 each so c £60 for the above plus maybe £10 for the nose caps. Speedloader holders seem to be c. £30 new (?) so I guess £50 for the 7 could be about right. Speedloaders seem to be around£20 each new so maybe £60 for the 7? Holsters maybe £20 each? Belt £10?

If I am correct this comes to c £230.

Would an asking price of £180 for the bundle posted PF48 be reasonable?

It would be a shame to send the bundle to auction if someone wants them without the hassle of paying commission etc.

All help appreciated.
    Cheers, Phil

Hi I buy and sell this stuff frequently and tbh your prices are good, really good .... The two part nose ones are early. 177 caps and are great for wadcutters. The leather stuff is all price western made for Brocock so really good quality heck I am even tempted at that price, if your arm isn't snapped off please come back to me!

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I was going to suggest checking with the previous poster but he’s beaten me to it t lol.
    I’d concur that the pricing is ‘on target’ and very fair

Its a shame you handed the pistol in as they can be exported out of mainland UK to places where they are unlicensed or treated as any other airgun still. The Orion6 was one of the better made pistols so more of a loss.
    It could also have been stripped for parts as the only thing the Police need is the frame/barrel.
    The cylinder is debatable as it doesnt bear any pressure as its hollowed out.
    Grips hammer springs pins sights shroud trigger, sea etc etc,..all these bits are useful to other Orion owners.
    Even the firing pin and locking ring in the frame is handy as these do break eventually in normal use.
    Gun control means using both hands.

Thank you both for your comments. Regarding export / stripping etc ... knowledge is wonderful in hindsight.
    Never mind, that's life I guess.
    But I will sort out a 'for sale' post now.
    Cheers, Phil