Thread: My interest/thoughts on replica air pistols

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    ... err... NO!

They are not weapons. They need to be treated with respect but they are not weapons.

A .30cal PCP FAC Air rifle is a weapon.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    ... err... NO!

They are not weapons. They need to be treated with respect but they are not weapons.

A hammer is not a weapon, but plenty of people get killed by them. Hit someone hard enough with a replica and it has the potential to kill.

Replicas have a following and if it doesn't float your boat, don't bother with them. I do think from many posts on replicas that a few of the owners are Walts who would be better posting on the Underage Boys Club site but that's just my opinion FWIW

Me , I'll shoot anything I can get my hands on, and enjoy them all.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have a few CO2 replicas. Well, more than a few if I'm honest! I also have the real steel versions of some of them and I enjoy shooting them all. The CO2 are fun for the garden and the powder burners are fun at the range.
    You would be surprised just how realistic some reps are though...

Glock 1

Glock 2

Luger P08 1

Luger P08 2
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by Antoni View Post
    ... err... NO!

Not quite true I’m afraid. Up here north of the Border they are considered as being weapons and one requires an Air Weapon Certificate issued by Police Scotland to buy, own and shoot one. As far as I am aware and although you do not require any license in England they are still listed as weapons.
    David.

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    ...they are still listed as weapons.
    Can't argue with that.

And on looking up the defintion of weapon in the OED I haven't got a leg to stand on in saying air pistols are not weapons, contrary to what I said before!

I just don't like to see the use of that word in the marketing of these products. Not that the person who got me going on this rant was trying to market anything.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2