Thread: First pcp air rifle

First pcp air rifle

My 10 year old daughter has asked for an air rifle since coming out with me when shooting.

I am looking for recommendations for a good pcp air rifle to get her started, so needs to be light, accurate and compact for her. I’m totally out of the game with airguns now due to going fac many moons ago.

Look forward to people’s ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by peter65 View Post
    My 10 year old daughter has asked for an air rifle since coming out with me when shooting.

I am looking for recommendations for a good pcp air rifle to get her started, so needs to be light, accurate and compact for her. I’m totally out of the game with airguns now due to going fac many moons ago.

Air arms s200, If you need extra shot count buy an extra cylinder, Great guns and normally go for around the £300 price range ,

bought my 9 yo lad the ultra, no complaints from him so far 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by peter65 View Post

Diana 16. BSA Meteor and if she is still keen a Relum Tornado.Loads of Millbro or Marksman slugs too. Kids these days want a PCP!!!!
    Nuts
    Last edited by Big Seth; 23-09-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Bsa ultra is a great choice. I love mine and I’ve had a lot of top end guns. This little thing is a tack driver and nice and light too. Single shot mine and may be better as a first gun too.

SMK PR900, light and quite a capable rifle.
    Magazine and single shot.
    Comes with open sights. The rear sight usually gets removed if you want to fit a scope.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

BSA Ultra's are very good, but they are dense little buggers - my daughter couldn't hold one on aim when she was 10.
    The SMK ones are very light as has been mentioned and will be good enough to get her up and running.

S400 series carbine, maybe one of the light versions. In my experience these feel lighter in the shoulder than the s200 and as said the ultra has a heft with it for its size. As always try before you buy.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    SMK PR900, light and quite a capable rifle.
    Magazine and single shot.
    Comes with open sights. The rear sight usually gets removed if you want to fit a scope.
    Ideal starter gun if you have air.
    Also good fun for older shooters!

Younger shooter

My son used an air arms s200 for quite a few years, bought it when he was 9 years old, he still has it today, he is now 24. It’s still going strong, definitely a gun that can grow with the shooter.

gun

i would say ultra or a s200 , theres a good chance of locating a cut down stock as they are a popular starter gun . then you have the p15 bullpups short and light etc

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I put a cut down stock on my AGS PCP when my kids were younger - worked great and you are not devaluing. An S200 wll be too long in the stock for a 10 year old. getting a gun with two stocks (or that you know you can get a cheap spare for) makes sense - I've now put the full size stock back on the AGS...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hi,

You could have a look at the Ultra JSR, which has a stock designed specifically for juniors.

Cheers,

Mark.

nice little ultra