Thread: Posting an air pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    But this is under the sporting guns :

Air weapons with an integral gas cylinder that are de-pressurised can only be accepted.

That should cover a precharged air rifle or in this case air pistol which does not contain any air - I’ve just this morning emptied it, took about 40 shots to totally empty it so that there’s no air out of the barrel when cocked and the trigger pulled

Norm
    Correct but some people will dismantle the guns to get the package size smaller so if the rifle or pistol has a removable cylinder/buddy bottle then they will remove it .

They may not remove the valve and it then goes to Belfast for inspection and if found to be prohibited then it may be destroyed .

People that leave a Co2 full of empty have found this to their cost .

There was a post on another forum where one of the members told another member to send 15 or so co2 cartridges through the post or a courier as no one checks and because other companies post them to you by mail or a courier then its legal for a private seller to do so and he said the going to Belfast thing was a myth despite two others saying their airguns were in Belfast at that present time .

People forget that the public can't post thing like companies can due to trade accounts.

Well that worked well, I posted the air pistol to it’s new owner on Saturday at 12.30pm, using Royal Mail 48 tracked and signed for. It arrived at its destination today, with a very pleased recipient

I bought the postage on the RM online site, with a 3.5kg parcel costing £10.91, which I didn’t think was too bad, especially now considering the service !

I did mention to the girl at our local RM sorting office what was in the parcel and she was fine with it, confirmed it was perfectly ok to send ( I already knew but just to be sure.... )

Sorted

Norm

I take it your initial search didn't find the sticky post by Garvin at the top of the sales section?

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    I take it your initial search didn't find the sticky post by Garvin at the top of the sales section?
    That’s odd, I don’t remember seeing that ? I must admit I always think of Parcelforce when I think of sending airguns, and knowing how some of these rules can change I decided in the end to thoroughly scrutinise the RM & PF websites, and go from there.

I was probably worrying unnecessarily but it’s better to be over cautious as there’s often a lot of misinformation about.

Norm

I’m
    Looking into this Myself As I’d Like to Order From Abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomj View Post
    I’m
    Looking into this Myself As I’d Like to Order From Abroad.
    Don't bother researching it if the sender is abroad. They will deal with postage. Just make sure you specify anything you buy is supplied to UK specification. Loads of folk have bought from overseas during lockdown, without any problems.