Thread: Antique Japanese Made Air Rifle Found on Beach

Antique Japanese Made Air Rifle Found on Beach

In 2019, two guys walking along a beach in Taiwan, which was once belonged to Japanese colony from 1895-1945, accidentally found an abandoned air rifle.

<photos: ETtoday News>

They called the police, the initial inspect of this rifle was Japanese made and seemed to have lost it's power plant. the rifle might be deliberately thrown away by family members when the owner passed away.

In Taiwan, air rifles that shoot over 3 joules would be seen as weapons, of which law is extremely strict and unfair with target shooting lovers. Polices always get great rewards when they tract down someone who owns illegal air rifles. the rewards are exactly the same with which they track down rim fire weapons.

What a jealous find! what a collectible piece! and what a shame!

Last edited by Ababa; 25-09-2020 at 02:46 AM.

We get a lot of rifles at our local rubbish tip, which the guys there sell cheap. The best one I still have is a Haenel Model 6E. Mostly we get Weihrauch model 35, had quite a few.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Benelli:

You gotta be a lucky person! I wonder those rifles you found in rubbish tip are in good shape or beaten up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ababa View Post
    Benelli:

You gotta be a lucky person! I wonder those rifles you found in rubbish tip are in good shape or beaten up?

Its not me that finds them, its my friend, I refurbish them and they are sold on. Never had an HW 35 that needed to be scrapped. Quite a robust rifle.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

that is a nice find