Hi all

I hope everyone is well in these uncertain times. Apologies for my absence,but due to working as a Biomed Scientist in an NHS lab I have been rushed of my feet with the COVID-19 pandemic and therefore haven't so much as touched an airgun since March..

Anyway I digress. I had a bit of spare time and fancied a bit of plinking in the back yard, so I grabbed the trusty HW100, which was still showing 100 bar fill. Popped in a mag and cycled the pellet and fired the first shot. No problem, fired the second shot and the pellet dropped about a foot? I thought , hello somethings not right here. Cycled the mag again, pulled the trigger nothing, cycled the mag again, fired and nothing. Third time it fired and three pellets shot out , at greatly reduced speed.

I didn't think this was possible due to the HW anti double load feature? I then topped up the air cylinder to 200bar, thinking it might be an air pressure problem, with the gun laying idle for months a. Upon reaching 200 bar there was a loud constant hiss of air, which continued until the air cylinder showed 100 bar. I changed the two O-rings on the valve stem and underneath it, as a precaution, so I know its not that. Upon removing the action from the stock and putting my ear to the action. I noticed that air was escaping from one of the two adjacent small holes directly underneath the barrel block and towards where the cylinder is screwed into. I think it is some sort of pressure release valve or something?

So my question to the enlightened BBS collective is, could you please tell me how I set about correcting this fault and what parts and tools I would need? Or is there a video showing how to solve this problem.
I suspect it might be a job for a qualified gunsmith?

Many thanks in advance.

Ian