Thread: Diana G36 from my childhood.

Diana G36 from my childhood.

Short history, I had a Diana g36 passed down to me from my elder brother when I was 13 in 1964, had a lot of fun with it plinking in the garden, eventually it got forgotten and left to rust in a loft, moving on a few years!, it resurfaced recently as I was practicing my polishing to get some blacking done , had three guns done in the end , the g36 included , so decided to put it back together .
    I have converted the piston to synthetic lip seal , a sized TX 200 that seems to be sealing ok, made a new breech seal out of nylon , blued this up and its seating well.
    I have now come to a problem with the spring, I can remember my Dad taking me to a local gun shop to source a stronger spring to "get the power up ", so its got a monster spring with way too much preload , problem is I cant find the specification for the spring anywhere, so wondered if any of you knowledgeable chaps have any Idea what the original might have been like , fingers crossed and thanks in advance .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Short history, I had a Diana g36 passed down to me from my elder brother when I was 13 in 1964
    No way you are 20 years older than me mate....

(didn;t even read the rest of the post)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Isnt the G36 a version of the Diana/Milbro Model 27, so they use the same spring?
    https://www.pressreader.com/uk/airgu...83111363670188

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Sorry been a bad day , tired etc that should have been 1972 , should have proof read it first doh

Found a bit of info looks like it may be 3 mm wire 235mm long

Try Protek Supplies in Bognor Regis. They may well have a suitable spring. Recently Protek had a batch of original springs for the Webley Falcon, which was a similar rifle, so the springs may well fit the G36 - lovely rifles by the way and very much underrated IMHO.

John M

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Try Protek Supplies in Bognor Regis. They may well have a suitable spring. Recently Protek had a batch of original springs for the Webley Falcon, which was a similar rifle, so the springs may well fit the G36 - lovely rifles by the way and very much underrated IMHO.

John M
    thanks will be having a look at it this week

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Sorry been a bad day , tired etc that should have been 1972 , should have proof read it first doh
    I’ve just said to my Mrs, ‘Nick is in sterling condition, didn’t realise he was as old as that’.
    I’ll have a word with a mate of mine, Nick - he may well have a Webley Falcon spring.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Apparently it's the memory that goes first, I think ? Thanks Craig.

Right, my mate doesn’t have a spring but he tells me the Falcon spring is the same as all the Hawk and Osprey springs. They have a model available (not a genuine Webley spring) at Sporting Supplies, Bloxwich. Im on site all this week but can pop in at the weekend for you if you want?
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Right, my mate doesn’t have a spring but he tells me the Falcon spring is the same as all the Hawk and Osprey springs. They have a model available (not a genuine Webley spring) at Sporting Supplies, Bloxwich. Im on site all this week but can pop in at the weekend for you if you want?
    Thanks Craig I think I have something suitable will know by the end of the week.

The Milbro Diana G36 is smaller than the Model 27 and is almost certainly an ‘updated’ Model 25 being of a similar size and power... a youth’s air rifle halfway between a junior rifle and a full-size adult rifle. There’s a possibility that a Meteor or a Falcon spring and possibly an ‘outer’ Relum Tornado spring could fit if a genuine Milbro Diana one is unavailable. 😎

Found what looked like a suitable spring in my bits box 3mm gauge 235mm long, popped it in and its doing around 7.5 fpe , nice and quiet , I hadn't realised how bad the trigger was as a child , nothing to compare it to I suppose , this would make a nice little garden plinker for the kids , if I had any lol, suppose it will go back in the cupboard now , will put a picture up when I get a chance .

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by VALE BOY View Post
    The Milbro Diana G36 is smaller than the Model 27 and is almost certainly an ‘updated’ Model 25 being of a similar size and power... a youth’s air rifle halfway between a junior rifle and a full-size adult rifle. There’s a possibility that a Meteor or a Falcon spring and possibly an ‘outer’ Relum Tornado spring could fit if a genuine Milbro Diana one is unavailable. 😎

The G36 is more or less a G27 and it uses the same mainspring as the 27/ 78/79/80.
    The G34 was the one that is more or less a G25.

Im pleased the OP has found a mainspring to suit. Ive found the Diana 27 mainspring to be a bit harsh. I think I've used a Meteor one in the past (maybe a silver streak or turbo gold?).

Ive sometimes fitted Diana 25 springs in guns. I think I put one in a Webley Falcon to make an easy cocking plinker for my Niece.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"