Thread: Bonehill Britannia for sale (collect from Kempton fair @ Sandown )

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Bonehill Britannia for sale (collect from Kempton fair @ Sandown )

I love these guns, but I have three, which is just greedy. I only bought the last one fairly recently, as it has an original flip up rearsight, and so many of them have their rearsights missing or damaged over the last 110+ years. I'd planned to swap it onto my other slightly better condition model, but then I realised that they were mounted differently on the block (see photos), and didn't want to mess with the originality.

Anyways, I'm not sure I want to sell both of these, but I defo should sell one, so here they both are - we'll see what happens.

Top one, dark stock.
    All matching serial numbers (barrel, lever, cylinder, sear, stirrup, guide), original flip up rearsight (I guess intended to give increased elevation). Completely stripped and cleaned, relubed. Replaced the leather piston washer with a BSA type, and a suitable new mainspring fitted. .177, shoots nice around 6 FP, which is where they are sweetest. The piston has been repaired previously, and the dual power cocking notches work very well; trigger is a little heavier on low power (when optimised for high), but not much. Gives 3.5 FP on low. Leather replacement breech seal fitted. Nice quick but not harsh firing cycle. Has some fairly heavy pitting, but it seems to have occurred long ago, as it has a smooth patina all over. Blueing very faded / patchy. Woodwork is fair; nice colour and grain, but some slight damage. £400 ono Face to face (Kempton/Sandown or my place)

Bottom one, lighter stock.
    All matching serial numbers (barrel, lever, cylinder, sear, stirrup, guide), non original replacement rearsight (needs removing and leaving the garden for a few weeks to dull down the bluing a bit), but works very well. Foresight still has it's bead. Had been serviced before I bought it. Calibre .177, shoots nice around 6 FP. Pleasant firing cycle. Has some small patches of light pitting in the odd area (breech block, cocking lever), but not too bad at all, and smoothed out now so must have been long ago. Blueing very faded / patchy. Woodwork is good; nice light colour and grain. £435 ono Face to face (Kempton/Sandown or my place)

Please see pix:

The pair:

Top one (dark stock):

Bottom one (light stock):

Any questions please ask.

If you are genuinely interested but want to take a look first, that's fine, happy to bring them along in the car.

Just been shooting these in my garage - lovely to use, and amazing to think they are well over 100 years old; with the way they are built, should easily last that again.

Thanks for looking.
    JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    bump please, offers considered.

Will also consider trades, but really only looking for interesting military trainers (e.g. Hakim, Marx, VZxx), maybe a Gamo g1200, or anything particularly interesting / weird. Will also consider projects guns in PX.

Either way, looking forwards to this Sunday
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.