Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage pellet info/chinwag

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    That's a nice little collection you have there Danny, and in great condition as well.
    Thanks Mick. The nicer old items came from: Orange Webley round tin in a swap from Len in Canada. The unopened prewar BSA pellet tin was a very generous gift from Frank in the Netherlands after I sent him something from the UK years ago, and the green Webley box came with a BBS purchase of this Webley Junior:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ior/#post-2857
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

[QUOTE=Garvin;7933595]Hi Brian

I was just browsing through that old AVA archive and in a post by someone called Dean, a Canadian, I spotted this tin, which I think you'll be interested in!

Hi Danny,

The orange sectored tin of 500 .177 pellets was the hardest to find although a couple have come to the surface since I finally got my hands on this one.
    The general consensus is that the colour convention anomaly was due to an error in the printing preparation rather than a deliberate intention which Webley didn't think worth correcting. I believe this tin may also have appeared in the same 1970s price list as the miniature tin and featured in a Webley air rifle advertisement around the same time.

Brian

Just when you think it couldn't get crazier, it does. Check out Item No 264882621789 on that well known internet auction site.

Brian

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks Mick. The nicer old items came from: Orange Webley round tin in a swap from Len in Canada. The unopened prewar BSA pellet tin was a very generous gift from Frank in the Netherlands after I sent him something from the UK years ago, and the green Webley box came with a BBS purchase of this Webley Junior:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ior/#post-2857
    Hi Danny, that's a really nice condition boxed prewar Junior, l have one in very much the same condition, but mine didn't come with a nice box of pellets.