Thread: Feinwerkbau butt plate

Feinwerkbau butt plate

I have recently started the long road to doin 10m air rifle again. first step a rifle, fwb P70 red alu stock, which i love, thinks to a wanted ad on here!
    Previously (by which i mean decades ago!) i had owned and shot, in order, an fwb 300s then a 300su then a walther lgr match universal and then an fwb 601.
    I only have one question really, why do fwb consistently produce butt plates that move in an arc instead of straight up and down! if you want a lower butt position as you move it down the point of the butt moves away from your shoulder at the bottom.
    WHY DO THEY DO IT!
    It just amazes me, I will have to fiddle with it I reckon!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Buttplates

Simple butt plates on wood stock rifles were like that years ago, some one probably just thought it was a good idea, Walther and others did the same, and most still do on wood stocks.
    There are more aftermarket butt plates than you can shake a stick at if you wish to change it.

There is a lot of rubbish talked about butt plate and fit, by people who think they are experts, 95 % is irrelevent, the key factor in standing is the length of the stock, many are miles too long and many adjustable stocks are only adjustable from miles too long, to just very long! I've spent a lot of time sawing bits off wood stocks, and machining to get alloy stocks shorter!

Though out my wife's career shooting match air rifle at top level, she always used a wood stock, From LGR, to LG300 and finally to her current LG400 special in a Junior stock, all with a standard Walther rubber butt plates, but she was manic on the length of stock, it had to be correct to the mm.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

If you mean angling like this its the adjuster, butt plate can move up and down as pictured since P70 introduction around 20 years ago, its been superceded twice.
    https://external-content.duckduckgo....jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    If you mean the arced pads, not seen any on new rifles for decades.