Thread: Hello all Im back after a extend leave of absence

Hello all Im back after a extend leave of absence

Hello all Im back after a extend leave of absence.

I was an avid member and shooter but living in London made it difficult to shoot as often as I liked. I used to go up to Petes airgun farm and MAD HFT. But sadly work commitments did not allow time for either.

Today I was working at an elderly persons house and I saw a picture of a man with an airgun. She said it was her late husband. she then pulled out a box and gunslip and said these were her late husband guns, would I like them as she did not want them in the house anymore.

I said i would happily take them and find out if they had any value and would compensate here if they had any real worth.

So Im here to ask advice on value on these two.

firstly is a sussex armoury jackel in.177 in near mint condition with a wooden stock

secondly is a lincon jeffries serial no 8658

I'm having difficulty uploading pictures

Thanks in advance Dave

Here's the photos

[IMG]thumbnail by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (5) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (4) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (3) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (2) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (1) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

pictures thanks mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Here's the photos

[IMG]thumbnail by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (5) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (4) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (3) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (2) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]thumbnail (1) by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    pictures now on here thanks mark

Nice units Dave - twice the fun

Quote Originally Posted by davephoto View Post
    Hello all Im back after a extend leave of absence.

I was an avid member and shooter but living in London made it difficult to shoot as often as I liked. I used to go up to Petes airgun farm and MAD HFT. But sadly work commitments did not allow time for either.

Today I was working at an elderly persons house and I saw a picture of a man with an airgun. She said it was her late husband. she then pulled out a box and gunslip and said these were her late husband guns, would I like them as she did not want them in the house anymore.

I said i would happily take them and find out if they had any value and would compensate here if they had any real worth.

So Im here to ask advice on value on these two.

firstly is a sussex armoury jackel in.177 in near mint condition with a wooden stock

secondly is a lincon jeffries serial no 8658

I'm having difficulty uploading pictures

Thanks in advance Dave
    Hi Dave,

The second rifle (Ser No S8658) is in fact an early .22 BSA Standard No 2 dating from 1919 or 1920 rather than a Lincoln Jeffries which looks to be in good condition and should be worth in the region £250-£300 for a private sale.

Brian

The SA rifle is actually a Woodsman - most of these were .22 .

I remember having one of those pellet dispenser tubs with Jackal pointed pellets in it - they were very poor quality.

HTH

Many thanks all I will be taking some better pictures soon and offering them up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    The SA rifle is actually a Woodsman - most of these were .22 .

I remember having one of those pellet dispenser tubs with Jackal pointed pellets in it - they were very poor quality.

HTH
    Hi the rifle says Jackel on it however i was a ware of the woodsman but the stock looked different in the pictures I looked at the pellets in the tub are domed and covered in white lead dust. the rifle came with some targets etc and i looks like it never fired more than 100 pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi Dave,

The second rifle (Ser No S8658) is in fact an early .22 BSA Standard No 2 dating from 1919 or 1920 rather than a Lincoln Jeffries which looks to be in good condition and should be worth in the region £250-£300 for a private sale.

Brian
    Hi Brian

thanks for the info. I am no expert on older air guns. I did a little digging and I found the serial number was a Lincon Jeffries batch 4. But im happy to be told otherwise, I would just like to get the best ammount for both rifles for the lady concerned. In the past I would have kept them and given her what they are worth but living in London and my work now makes shooting impossible.
    Cheers

David

Hi Dave.
    As much as I know, Brian is correct, 4 digits says on the earlier side of that model run.
    That stock design. the pressed trigger guard and that it is a two hole trigger block says about late teens/early twenties. From memory, the two hole was a short run over 3 or 4 years(?)

Quote Originally Posted by davephoto View Post
    Hi Brian

thanks for the info. I am no expert on older air guns. I did a little digging and I found the serial number was a Lincon Jeffries batch 4. But im happy to be told otherwise, I would just like to get the best ammount for both rifles for the lady concerned. In the past I would have kept them and given her what they are worth but living in London and my work now makes shooting impossible.
    Cheers

David
    Hello David,

Just to clear things up, it's the S prefix that makes the difference. Had the Ser No been just 8658 it would indeed be a fourth pattern Lincoln dating it to 1906. The only rifles produced before WW1 with an S prefix were made in late 1913 starting at S51985 with the S denoting that it was fitted with the rather unsuccessful double sear safety modification. After WW1 the S denoted Standard and an L denoted Light patterns.

Good luck with the sale.

Brian

lovely rifles good luck with your sales bud

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I'd have thought giving her around £350-£400 would be fair to both of you...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.