Thread: Sandown Park Photos

Sandown Park Photos

Despite having to move the fair from Kempton Park to Sandown at barely a week's notice, this was one of the largest arms fairs I have ever attended in terms of the sheer number and variety of traders.

There were airguns of course: vintage and modern, antique firearms, militaria, shotguns, firearms, books and my sister even found a hip flask on her way around the fair.

Highlights: I was pleased to see a double clip Webley Mark I, albeit with one of the clips missing (#500) but it looked for be in original condition and was priced at around £675. I also saw a Webley Super Match (forerunner of the Mark 3 Supertarget) and a boxed Limit push in barrel air pistol. The box was distressed but readable and was the first Limit box I had ever come across. There were two Crosman 451 repeaters as well as a good selection of 1960s Crosman CO2 rifles and pistols - some of the latter boxed. I was also shown a 2mm Kolibri, which was the smallest production semi auto ever made I believe and was the first one I have ever had a chance to handle. I have pictured it next to a 1p coin to provide an indication of scale.

Anyway, this was another well supported and attended fair, so a huge thank you to Peter and Liz Binfield along with your incredibly friendly and supportive staff for making the day a success once again. I know organising such an event takes extraordinary effort to organise, especially as you had to move venues at short notice but you make it look easy, which I know it is not.

As a famous person once said: Nobody Does It Better!

Here's a link to pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7k6Abiwu4yqWBSU39

Kind regards,

John

Re Photos

Great photos

I’ve only ever been to Melbourne fair before but it’s great seeing all this gear.

Excellent pictures

Hello John,

Thanks for sharing the pictures which help to compensate a little bit for not being able to attend what looks to have been another safe and well supported event.

Hopefully the organisation of the next fair won't be so traumatic for all concerned.

Brian

One very nice EL54 , what was it priced at?
    Cheers and thanks again for the fabulous pics.

Beautiful pictures and lots of mouth watering goodies on offer too. Thanks for taking the time to upload and share these wonderful pics with the group.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    One very nice EL54 , what was it priced at?
    Cheers and thanks again for the fabulous pics.
    Sorry - I wasn't really paying attention to prices as there was so much to see and photograph.

Thanks all for the kind comments.

Enjoy.

John

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Great photos John as always, it's a pity l had to miss this one due to the wife having a reaction to her shingles injection a couple of days before as this was going to be my first arms fair this year.

Thanks for the photos John.
    An essential part of the show in my opinion!

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Brilliant John... thank you for posting these, it's great to see the photos even though regrettably I couldn't make the fair.
    It's even better when you can see the price tags... most of the prices looked pretty much as you'd expect - apart from the boxed .22 Webley Typhoon, which at £250 was a surprise.
    I wouldn't have guessed that.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Brilliant John... thank you for posting these, it's great to see the photos even though regrettably I couldn't make the fair.
    It's even better when you can see the price tags... most of the prices looked pretty much as you'd expect - apart from the boxed .22 Webley Typhoon, which at £250 was a surprise.
    I wouldn't have guessed that.
    I do try to include the price tags where I can a this provides a good idea of asking prices for collectables. Plus it saves me having to take a mental note of them, which would be albeit impossible with my memory!

Kind regards,

John

Love the "boxy" Webley semi-automatic pistol, there were quite a few of those around when I lived in South Africa that people still owned. I think they were mostly in .25 and .32 calibre.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Nice photos, would like to have been there.

Thanks for taking and posting the pics, John.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Thanks for taking and posting the pics, John.
    Feel free to share on the gallery if you have not done so already Danny.

Kind regards,

John