Thread: Crosman 1300 medalist - valuation please

Crosman 1300 medalist - valuation please

Hi gang,
    My one of the above came back from Sandown having only raised a tiny amount of interest. I don't suppose it has much value (whether in terms of money or collectable interest).

It is definitely a project/shooter rather than a cabinet queen. The grip is broken and whilst it shoots if the shot is not taken it will not hold air indefinitely. The finish on the barrel has browned and there are some small chips out of the paint on the grip frame.

So what is it worth? I am guessing it is sufficiently little to make it worth keeping hold of to tinker with.
    Cheers Rich.
    PS yes I know some of you will ask for pictures but I don't think it will be required for a reasonably cheap and common pistol.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Nobody proffering a view? Ok I will start off. I had it in mind that if anyone offered me £25 at Sandown they could have it. Does that sound right?

Anyway I am going to keep it now. If anyone has suitable grips for sale or even better the shoulder stock then get in touch. Sadly modern day crosman grips/shoulder stocks don't fit as the screw hole is in a slightly different position.
    Rich.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Maybe if you'd posted some photos of the damage you'd have got more replies perhaps?

For something this low value are photos really necessary?

What is a good condition shooter worth? £65/70? Or are they worth more theses days?

And if so what is a scruffy one with a broken grip worth?

Rich.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    didn't even notice that on your table mate - £25 sounds OK, I might have been tempted !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I have a mint one still in its box with instruction book etc, last time i saw a valuation for one like mine was approx 100quid, a ropey one £25.
    Good pistols though!

Grips

I think I may have grips for this, will check later..... These are great classic pinking guns. I have spent many a happy afternoon shooting with an early 1322......would love to find a Bowkett modified one!

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I think I may have grips for this, will check later..... These are great classic pinking guns. I have spent many a happy afternoon shooting with an early 1322......would love to find a Bowkett modified one!
    If you do I would be very interested in buying them from you.
    Cheers Rich

Cheers for the views. It sounds like my thoughts of £25 were on the money.
    Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Cheers for the views. It sounds like my thoughts of £25 were on the money.
    Rich.
    You were, certainly sounds about right to me. They seem to have a limited cult following but the right buyer would snatch your hands off at that. Trouble is, finding the right buyer.

A big thank you to AC all day for sorting me out with grips. I will be plinking in the garage tonight