Thread: BSA standard parts wanted

BSA standard parts wanted

HI just wondering does anyone know where i can buy a replacement cylinder the part between the trigger housing and loading port /barrel. The diamentions are as follows 26.6 cm x 31.60 mm approx , The original cylinder before it came to me has at sometime been put in a vice , and has a split just before thread and not repairable, Don't know if exactly the model but the serial no is S38162 thankyou mike

It's a standard model no.2 cylinder you need which actually measures 10-3/8" long x 1-1/4" od. The metric system was not in use in the gun industry when your rifle was built circa 1928-29

What calibre is it please? I presume .22

hi wombler , thankyou for the extra info yes it is .22 , its a pity the rest of the gun is ok , i think my chances are slim in finding the air chamber but you never know and thanks again mike

Protek have a good selection of spares

Quote Originally Posted by HunterMike View Post
    hi wombler , thankyou for the extra info yes it is .22 , its a pity the rest of the gun is ok , i think my chances are slim in finding the air chamber but you never know and thanks again mike
    I think you have a fair chance, Mike, because the main cylinder is often the component left over after the smaller parts have been sold by people 'asset stripping' the prewar BSAs. They make most of their money by selling eg. sights, screws, links, etc, which are often missing or damaged.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

hi guys yes i did phone protek and he is going to have a look tonight and let me know tomorrow, I am grateful for all your help thankyou mike

If no luck with Protek I would be able to help you out.

hi guys part now sorted from the nice man at protek , a big thankyou for all your help, until the next time cheers mike